Pluto for Channels

Can you share a bit on what this series of changes is doing?

It improves handling of EXT-X-DISCONTINUITY in our HLS client.

1 Like

I have installed docker and pluto tv. When I reboot my computer, I see that the container is running in docker, but I have to go into Channels DVR and reload the M3U to get the Pluto Channels to populate. I'm running on a Windows 10 PC. Is there something I missing that is preventing Channels from automatically starting Pluto?

I have the same issue. I use channels with emby so I always reload the stream in channels & then update live TV in emby.

I also noticed I’m not getting VEVO 2k channel. I’m getting 295 channels. Anyone else missing this channel?

I'm missing it now too. It was there just a few days ago. Also discussed in the "MTV Classic" thread here.

No longer seeing Vevo2k, but I do have a "007" channel now.

Any thoughts? Not using docker, just pc, all works except recently the stream selected (let’s say 007) plays for about 10 secs Jen gets connection lost error. I can deselected from guide and randomly it will hold on to it... this is specific to Pluto channels (using techzon streams )... when I first added it worked fine.. but guide would have to be manually updated (yes I used refresh every 3/6/24 hrs) well that issue solved on its own but now (say last few weeks) stream issue... I check Pluto tv app and it all works just fine.. any thoughts?

If you’re using a shared playlist found online, chances are someone else is trying to access the same stream, closing your connection when they open theirs. This has been mentioned numerous times in the thread.

1 Like

You could try the Stylebot chrome extension. It allows you to customize the CSS for any site. Works only locally though and would change only the Web UI. An ambitious user could theoretically change the whole look on the guide.

This will get you a gray background behind the logos, for instance:

.list-group-item.guide-channel-cell {
background: lightgray;
}

I updated to the latest beta version, and can now see Vevo 2k.

I didn't change anything, and that channel came back for me, too. Glad it's working again.

OK, I've now installed the Docker on my Pi (not Channels server) and moved everything to point at that. There was no one else watching anything so I could run the test. When a Pluto Channel (The Pet Collective) went to commercial, it just turned all black and then never came back. Submitted diagnostic 9fad5184-2566-4094-b7d7-c3cbda52fa8b

Update your dvr to prerelease. You're running in bugs that were fixed recently.

Yep, Version 2021.04.20.1934 so far seems good. I was on a version from 2021.04.06 before.

I have been running Pluto on Docker on my Mac since it was first released and never touched it. No issues. Today I installed Stirr for Docker and that went fine, but afterwards I lost my Guide data for Pluto. In an effort to try and fix things, I stopped Pluto on Docker and then deleted it from Docker Desktop. I then re-ran the command to load it again and it started up. If I go to http://127.0.0.1:8080 , I get the Pluto page with links to m3u and epg. It says V1.0.17, (V1.2 available). When I click on either link to m3u or epg, I get 404 errrors. I've tried repeating this and same result. Any idea what is causing this? This is the url/port I was using before.

Did you change the port for STIRR? in this command:
docker run -d --restart unless-stopped --name stirr-for-channels -p 8080:80 robbiet480/stirr-for-channels
If not you are going to have issues - I changed it to 8081 and no issues with Pluto or STIRR

I think the confusion is how do u change the port? I couldn't figure it out for the life of me.

I followed the Stirr instructions on GitHub which uses port 8181, so that should be fine.

1 Like