Adding PlutoTV and changing channel numbers

Check the Dockerfile and run the same commands inside it but on your Mac or PC.

Im having trouble installing the container. Powershell tells me "no matching manifest for windows/Amd64 10.0.19042 in the manifest list entries." When i try to pull from jonmaddox/pluto-for-channels
Anyone have a clue?

You have to switch docker into Linux container mode

Thank you. I thought if it was running on windows, that windows container mode was what was used. Thanks again for the help.

My PlutoTV guide has stopped updating today.
I've done the following:

1. shutdown the Docker Container
  2. Deleted the Image in Docker
  3. CMD.exe and run the below
    docker run -d --restart unless-stopped --name pluto-for-channels -p 8080:80 jonmaddox/pluto-for-channels

But it still shows as:
Pluto for Channels v1.0.18 UPDATE AVAILABLE: 1.1.1

Why is it not downloading the latest version?

docker stop pluto-for-channels
docker rm pluto-for-channels
docker pull jonmaddox/pluto-for-channels
docker run -d --restart unless-stopped --name pluto-for-channels -p 8080:80 jonmaddox/pluto-for-channels
6 Likes

Bam!
That did it - I set it up as a batch file and it worked like a charm!

Thanks!

Edit: And the guide has refreshed too :slight_smile:

You can omit the docker rm … command if you add the -rm option to the final docker run … command. That way Docker will remove the container from its storage when it is stopped, saving you a step.

It's a batch file, so it's now one step. :wink:

Can you share your batch file with the community?

I just put the four lines @racameron posted above into a batch file.

1 Like

Great minds...

To make updating even easier, if you use Podman in place of Docker, with minimal initial setup, you could update the image and restart the container with a single command: podman auto-update.

Hi All

I have Pluto working on Channels on my Windows server. I have never used Docker so thats new. All I want is to get thumbnails in my Library view. Which from what I see the custom Pluto implementation gets that.

Is there a way to do this without Docker?? I set Docker up on a test pc but could not figure out how to load containers. Again I am just looking for basic improvements.

Pluto works fine on Channels now with guide data and is recording what I set. Although I get an "interrupted recording error" on all the Pluto recordings.

Really would appreciate a Guide for Dummies

Thanks

It's a little unclear - You do not have Docker setup yet on windows?
If Not:
Add WSL(Windows Subsystem for Linux) - Control Panel - Programs and Features - Turn Windows Features on/off - check Windows Subsystem for Linux
Install Docker Desktop
After these steps open a CMD(As Admin?) then execute:
CMD 1 - docker pull jonmaddox/pluto-for-channels
CMD 2 - docker run -d --restart unless-stopped --name pluto-for-channels -p 8080:80 jonmaddox/pluto-for-channels

After doing all of the above run Docker Desktop and you will see the image and container running
If you then visit localhost:8080 in a browser you will see the 2 links - Playlist(M3U)&EPG

1 Like

I am lost when it comes to cmd, linux, BIOS, etc. But I followed your "it's a little unclear" post, and voila. Pluto-perfect, Pluto guide-perfect. Anyone can do this! BIG THANKS!

1 Like

First time Docker/WSL user here.... I managed to get through the setup for WSL and for Docker. Got Pluto into Channels so I can tune to the different channels in the 9000 range. However I am not seeing shows populated into the guide. I am able to tune to the channels ok and see what ever is on, just no program data. Any suggestions where to start looking for a fix to that?

Channels now has a warning on the settings section of the browser saying "Windows Firewall Rule for Channels DVR not enabled." This was not present prior to the WSL/Docker install. I have verified there is a rule in the firewall for channels DVR any protocol, any port, domain, Public and private profile . Suggestions? If I disable the firewall, the message goes away, but I don't notice anything behaving differently.

Last issue - is there a way to set a static IP on the WSL? Everytime the PC reboots, it gets a new IP...

See here for setting static IP:
https://portforward.com/networking/static-ip-windows-10.htm
Please note your Network adapter might be Ethernet instead of WiFi

As for missing guide data did you set that up in the Source setup for Pluto?

I have been using the Pluto docker in windows for a while now. I had to manually download the image, and start it every time there's a windows update. no matter what I do the cmd in a cmd window do not work, they say they don't recognize what -r in restart is? weird. I can pull new version from docker desktop and just stop the old one, delete it, and start the new one. try every time I do an update, always a no go

I am not following.
When I do the update - I have to do it manually, so stop the current image, delete image. Open a windows CMD window - enter the following command: docker pull jonmaddox/pluto-for-channels

When the pull completes execute the following command:

Verify the container is running in Docker Desktop
That is all

Is that what you are doing? Can you clarify the steps you are using?