Adding PlutoTV and changing channel numbers

Thanks for the help today! I do appreciate it.

1 Like

I'm not seeing any EPG guide data either, just the channel lineup. I'm also not able to select the "set provider" option under the source guide data. Is this a possible bug or am I doing something wrong?

@tmm1 ?

What happens when you click it? Can you try from a desktop browser

It gives me a menu to pick existing, I select X-M3U and it takes me back to the Set Provider menu. I still only see the channels, not what is actually playing

Click on USA and change it to XMLTV

1 Like

Doh! That did it. Must have missed that step. Thanks!

Any way to add Pluto without using docker?

1 Like

Check the Dockerfile and run the same commands inside it but on your Mac or PC.

Im having trouble installing the container. Powershell tells me "no matching manifest for windows/Amd64 10.0.19042 in the manifest list entries." When i try to pull from jonmaddox/pluto-for-channels
Anyone have a clue?

You have to switch docker into Linux container mode

Thank you. I thought if it was running on windows, that windows container mode was what was used. Thanks again for the help.

My PlutoTV guide has stopped updating today.
I've done the following:

1. shutdown the Docker Container
  2. Deleted the Image in Docker
  3. CMD.exe and run the below
    docker run -d --restart unless-stopped --name pluto-for-channels -p 8080:80 jonmaddox/pluto-for-channels

But it still shows as:
Pluto for Channels v1.0.18 UPDATE AVAILABLE: 1.1.1

Why is it not downloading the latest version?

docker stop pluto-for-channels
docker rm pluto-for-channels
docker pull jonmaddox/pluto-for-channels
docker run -d --restart unless-stopped --name pluto-for-channels -p 8080:80 jonmaddox/pluto-for-channels
6 Likes

Bam!
That did it - I set it up as a batch file and it worked like a charm!

Thanks!

Edit: And the guide has refreshed too :slight_smile:

You can omit the docker rm … command if you add the -rm option to the final docker run … command. That way Docker will remove the container from its storage when it is stopped, saving you a step.

It's a batch file, so it's now one step. :wink:

Can you share your batch file with the community?

I just put the four lines @racameron posted above into a batch file.

1 Like

Great minds...

To make updating even easier, if you use Podman in place of Docker, with minimal initial setup, you could update the image and restart the container with a single command: podman auto-update.