AFTV Issues

Just set up Channels on 3 Fire TVs. Everything seems to work well but do have a few issues/questions:

• Scrolling through the navigation pane - when you jump onto ‘Search’ it jumps focus to the search field which requires hitting back button to go back to the nav pane. Slightly annoying.
  • ‘Fast scroll’ when in guide view. Pressing/holding down allows you to scroll through guide/channels quickly. When pressing/holding up it will jump around 10 channels but then focus on the drop down filter (All, Fav, HD etc…) Which then means pressing the button to right and up again. Any way of changing this behaviour or is there a different button press to jump up the guide?
  • Surround sound turned off on all three units but Fire 4K (Pendant) unit seems to have a slight crackle in audio once in a while whilst Fire Sticks don’t seem to have this issue. All running 2.0.4. Sent through diagnostics yesterday.

Think that covers everything! Thank you for your hard work.

1 Like

Ah one more issue:

• when the guide shows ‘weak signal’, pressing any button apart from the home button doesn’t do anything. So you need to press home and then go back into the app
1 Like

Experiencing the same issues as Daniel.

@mep18976 Which FireTV model are you using?

If you see this one again, go to Player afterwards and click Submit Diagnostics and let me know the logs have uploaded.

These should be fixed for the next version.

Pendant

I would like to send you a beta to try. Please go to https://www.amazon.com/gp/cpc/homepage?ref=gss_to_cpc, click on Promotional Emails and make sure “Amazon Appstore” is checked.

The test version still displays this behaviour. However, if your “deep” into the guide and want to switch from All to Movies, etc…what would be implemented to make the switch easier if the fast scroll up was “corrected”?

Agreed.

IME, once you get used to the behavior it’s not un-handy. I think I’d be inclined to leave it be.

1 Like

I concur. Leave it unless a double tap of whatever button advances to that field directly. And, if that happens. correct the fast scroll up to do just that.

A double tap up would be a good (And quicker) way of selecting the filter, then long press up or down to scroll through the guide.

1 Like

Double-taps can be problematic for people with less-than-stellar dexterity. Look at what the dev team is already facing with people having trouble getting the timing right for commercial skip double-tap.

Hmmm… Dev Team: Enhancement request: User configuration for double-tap timing?

definitely see your point jseymour even though I don’t subscribe to the dvr service.