ALCS Game 3 is on FS1

comcast has a 4K version for this game, is there a 4k here on channels.
One of these days i want to record the 4K and see how it looks..

any help here?

1 Like

From https://support.fubo.tv/hc/en-us/articles/360011483011-What-events-in-4K-HDR-are-coming-up-on-fuboTV-

DATE	TIME (ET)	EVENT/LEAGUE	MATCHUP/EVENT	CHANNEL
Wed, Oct. 18	TBD	MLB | ALCS Game 3	Astros @ Rangers	FOX/FS1 4K

If it's streaming on FS1 in 4k, then just enable it in the DVR Experimental settings

Screenshot 2023-10-18 at 17-47-11 Channels Settings

1 Like

If you get FS1 without DRM via Comcast cable, then an HDHR Prime with a CableCARD can receive the 4K broadcast; Channels can record and playback 4K cable content without issue.

FS1 Via Cable Card is 720P Via Comcast ... FS1 TVE is 4K.

1 Like

Yep, sometimes if you're lucky and it records in 4k that is.

My TV switches to FHD 1080P during Commercials and UHD 2160P during the game on TVE FS1.

My one time recording I set up yesterday for today’s game on FS1 tve did not catch the 4k feed. Started a new one and it’s in 4K. I just made a new custom pass for FS1 and put a 5min delay to start recording. Hopefully that will curb not getting the 4k feed. It hasn’t needed the padding for awhile but I guess the need is back

1 Like

I guess FiOS is the only cable provider serving 4K then.

Yeah XFINITY doesn't broadcast anything in 4K.... we get H264 720P on all Channels here.

Yep, I tried a quick recording of the game at 6:13PM (started at 5PM) for 1.5 minutes and it got HEVC 1080p.

I’m getting it in 4k with EPlusTV

That's not TVE or cable.

1 Like

It actually pulls from your TVE credentials of ESPN and Fox. Regardless I was replying to the original poster who was asking if there's 4k here which there is.

That's a lot more hoops than i am willing to jump through at the present time, that thread is hundreds and hundreds long it seems.

Was hoping for a more "hey here it is" solution

I am trying to not go down the path of "and if you are 'lucky'"....

I do (and did last night) have that box checked for the $K on TVE, i did not see it in my guide, i did a re-scan and it did not pop-in either. Hence my confusion on this,

1 Like

There is no label in the guide that says 4k. After you tune in go to options see stats and it will tell you native resolution. I notice immediately with HDR kicking in. Also the commercials are not in 4K so you need to check while the game is actually playing.

1 Like

I'll check this early evening and follow your steps - looks like the bit rate is ~ 11.14 mb/sec; is that normal, is that high or low for good 4k video?

what does "scaled resolution" mean for you?

I would say that 11 is on the small side. 11 was what it was in the brief moment of the screenshot. I think it’s normally in the 20’s. Recordings are very large.

Scaled resolution is what my iPhone was displaying the video at. My phone was in portrait so that you can read the stats. Making the video very small. If I was to rotate my phone to landscape the scaled resolution would increase. On your tv both native and scaled will be 3840 x 2160 if you are using Apple TV. If you use android streamer the scaled will show 1920x1080 and native 3840x2160 this is because android displays the overlay at 1080 but the video plays at native.

1 Like

playing around, i would love to see if a 2-2.5 hour game (after editing commercials) would fit on a 50 GB disc, what it would look like...etc

Videoredo does H.265/HEVC editing, i'd have to find a program beyond MultiAVCHD for the menu and burning...etc