All tuners in use + 2 other errors

Recently when trying to watch live TV I've been getting 3 errors. This wasn't happening at least 2+ weeks ago, admittedly I don't watch a ton of Live TV but during the NHL / NBA playoffs, it wasn't happening until, I believe, the final rounds that are going on now.

This behavior is happening on iOS, OS X, and Apple TV.

The first error says "Streaming to the tuner failed. Press play to try again (All Tuners In Use)." I'm the only person watching TV at the time and don't record a ton of TV (HDHR Prime). Even if I was recording something, I should have another tuner available.

The second error I don't have the exact verbiage for and will occur and go away if I try again only to be replaced by the above error. It says something along the lines of being outside the US and the content not being available in my area. I'm in the US, that doesn't make sense.

Finally, I tried Channels on OS X from multiple browsers and can't get anything to play. The error I see in Safari (the most stable browser for channels for me), "The media could not be loaded, either because the server or network failed or because the format is not supported."

I've had to use the cable providers app, which is fine but I prefer/pay for channels.

I have tried turning off any/all VPN to see if that could be causing the issues (it hasn't been an issue in the past) but that doesn't seem to solve the issues.

Anyone else seeing this? Any fixes?

You would need to check your dvr log to see what's going on

From last night they are:
2024/06/13 20:41:35.649838 [ERR] Could not start stream for 13255411 ch807 WABCDT: HDHomeRun: All Tuners In Use
2024/06/13 20:41:39.076517 [ERR] Could not start stream for TVE-Comcast_SSO ch5985 WABC: TVE: abcgo: 1002:You appear to be outside the United States or its territories. Due to international rights agreements, we only offer this video to viewers located within the United States and its territories.

I also saw from June 10:
2024/06/10 21:21:23.861499 [ERR] Could not start stream for TVE-Comcast_SSO ch5985 WABC: TVE:

Checking if re-authenticating helps.

Please go to Support -> Troubleshooting -> Submit Diagnostic Logs from the web interface of the DVR and let us know when it's been submitted so we can have a better idea of what was going on.

Are you using a VPN? This is the geolocation detecting a VPN.

I am but I turned it off to see if that helped. It didn't, there's a chance that the VPN configuration 'changed' to a non-US location but that seems unlikely. I am reinstalling that to ensure that is not the case.

It doesn't have to be a non-US location. Any location that shows up as a VPN node will hit ABC's triggers.

It hadn’t been triggered before is where my confusion comes from. Not for DVR or live tv.

The IP addresses that are "blacklisted" as coming from the data centers used by VPN providers is not a static thing.

A VPN that works today for geo-relocation, or whatever, may not work for that purpose tomorrow.

Yep, like playing the stock market. Past history is no guarantee of future performance.

Fair. I appreciate the responses.

It just seems very sudden and I can’t pinpoint an issue yet and I’m getting different errors that don’t add up. It has worked essentially flawlessly for years, and, you’re right things could change on the carrier side but it seems more random than that. Channels support has my logs, I may learn more and will update the thread.

@ryan3984 Please update to the latest pre-release and see if you have any better results. If you don't, please submit diagnostics again and tell us about it.

I updated to the pre-release. No VPN on, OS X, same errors, iOS same errors. I have not seen the 'outside of the US' error again.

Logs submitted 10:40 Eastern.

Tuners in use error comes from the hdhomerun. Maybe you have other software running using it.

You can check the HDHR status web page

Are you running more than one DVR on your Synology? If not, it appears something is stuck on your HDHomeRun. Please try power cycling the HDHomeRun and see if that resolves your issue.