ALPHA: Import TV local content into DVR

Well you did everything you can. Its now a bug in the import routine that will need to be worked on.

1 Like

Is there a specific thread where we should post about the scanner not correctly IDing a show or movie and trying to correct it doesn't offer the correct one? Or should we post that here too?

Looks like zap2it has listings for USA and Canada.
They have your show listed as "Yes, Minister" note the comma
Try this https://tvlistings.zap2it.com/overview.html?programSeriesId=SH00004910&tmsId=SH000049100000&from=TVGrid&aid=gapzap

Many thanks @chDVRuser - for some reason I still get a 'server cannot be found' error when I try to access that URL (or even just the base URL https://tvlistings/zap2it.com/). Very weird. Anyway, I amended my show folder name to "Yes, Minister" and that made no difference. I then tried 'Fix incorrect match' on the show and noticed two near-identical matches available both called "Yes, Minister" but one dated 1980 and the other dated 1983. I picked the other one and it was a big improvement - now I have data for all episodes on season 3 as well as 1 & 2. The Christmas Special is still not matching anything, but it's a step forward.

Presumably the nearly-identical listings is a problem with the data provider rather than Channels?

BUG: I have some episodes of a very old UK show called Bugs which I imported. The automatic match was to another completely different show called Bugs. I used the 'Fix incorrect match' feature and found the correct UK show listed, and switched to that. The show now shows up correctly overall but the individual episodes still show the data from the previous incorrectly-matched show. I suspect this may be because there is no individual episode metadata available for the show I've now matched them to, so perhaps nothing to overwrite the episode data from the previously matched show.

Happy to provide more details / logs if needed.

1 Like

The rest of this series imports, but the very first episode aired doesn't.

I've tried both of these file naming schemes, but it comes up with no episode title after importing.

.\100 Days Wild (2020)\Season 01\100 Days Wild (2020) - Off Grid & Under Pressure (2020-08-20)_cut.ts
.\100 Days Wild (2020)\Season 01\100 Days Wild (2020) - S01E00 - Off Grid & Under Pressure (2020-08-20)_cut.ts

zap2it shows this first aired episode under Season 1, but no episode number.
I normally consider these season specials and put them in the Season 00 folder, but that doesn't help importing if it wont match.

1 Like

Was surprised when this show "Atlas 4D" imported as I couldn't find it on zap2it.
Identified all 3 epsidodes correctly.

.\Atlas 4D (2010)\Season 01\Atlas 4D (2010) - S01E01 - Great Rift Valley (2010-03-22)_cut.ts
.\Atlas 4D (2010)\Season 01\Atlas 4D (2010) - S01E02 - Hawaii (2010-06-13)_cut.ts
.\Atlas 4D (2010)\Season 01\Atlas 4D (2010) - S01E03 - Mediterranean (2010-09-05)_cut.ts

Figured this would be a tough one.
Imports and displays correct series, but doesn't display episode titles.

.\The Desert Speaks (1990)\Season 16\The Desert Speaks (1990) - S16E08 - Peru's Amazon Desert (2006-05-17).mpg
.\The Desert Speaks (1990)\Season 16\The Desert Speaks (1990) - S16E09 - Coastal Civilizations of Ancient Peru (2006-05-24).mpg

I was finally able to import some shows using the "fix match" feature. Everything seems to be importing as a season when most shows I have are standalone shows not part of a season. Example: Vanished From Alcatraz.

If its not a season, I want it to work like the rest of the shows not in a season work. Any suggestions?

I know what you mean.
I have quite a few one off specials and documentaries.

One example is Climbing Redwood Giants (2012-09-02).mpg which can only be imported successfully if I place it in it's own folder. TV Shows/Specials/Climbing Redwood Giants (2012)/Climbing Redwood Giants (2012-09-02).mpg

I currently have all mine in the TV Shows/Specials folder and don't want to create new folders under that for every special and documentary.

I had to do that as well for every one, but they still show up as seasons. This is a great start. I will soon be able to ditch Plex.

I will work on improved support for specials this week. Thank you for the examples!

2 Likes

DVR is a drive and playOn is in that drive.

Capture

Your imported files' parent directory needs to be outside your DVR directory.

1 Like

Appears the way TMS/Gracenote/zap2it info is structured is it's either a movie or a series.
In order to fit a one off special or documentary [square peg] into a series container (round hole) they have to put it in season 0 #hammer it in# which is usually reserved for series specials.

Glad to see @tmm1 is working on it. Too many for me to create folders for just to import. They do import without the extra folders, but they all appear under the series called "Specials" and don't have artwork or titles.

Got it moved to 3rd drive now it's good.

Also, I'd image every episode may need the "fix match" feature instead of just the series.

So far I didn't have to.
Fix Match is at the SHOW/SERIES level, not the episode level.
If I put a one off/special/documentary in a folder with its name it gets imported with the show artwork.
Since it's only one episode (and listed under Season 0 as Episode 1 or no Episode# on zap2it) the show/series is recognized on import, but the episode is not since they don't give it an episode title.
Make a long story short...

Exactly. Thanks for the visuals. Fwiw, I need to record that special...looks cool.

Does the importer work with .m2ts files?
Will probably answer my own question before anyone replies, trying it now.
No, doesn't work with v2020.09.04.1910
My .mp4 version of that same video imports, but the web player kills my NAS CPU trying to transcode it.

Next...

OK, was able to transfer both the .m2ts and .mp4 files to my iPad Pro which play with no problem.
Deleted them on the iPad and played over the netwok, both play through VLC from my iPad Pro.
Both files play on my PC with no problem using VLC.
I don't have a Mac to try.

Next...

Hopefully next weekend I'll try a new version and try importing some more TV Shows and Specials/Documentaries/Mini-Series.

Getting there...