ALPHA: Import TV local content into DVR

Same here I even transcoded them in mcebuddy to HDhomerun h264 and HDhomerun uncompressed with no improvement. Same file works fine vcl emby and plex. This is new and I'm sure it will get better as it develops. BTW all shows matched fine but the show 3% I can't find it on zap2it either.

I'm confused because I am not able to reproduce this:

Wierd, that episode only matches against SH02793762, not SH03228420 (which is being used for current airings) or SH03238003

I never understood the logic behind them assigning new TMS series ids to the same series.

What do you get for episode 52 and beyond? The issue isn't with episode 51, it's 52 and beyond.

Boruto also has the same issue after episode 100:

1 Like

Those are listed as S02E01 and S02E02 under SH02793762

Nobody ever seems to agree on Season and Episode numbers.
Original Air dates are a bit better.
Episode Titles even better.

New build v9.8.2218

• NEW: Fix Incorrect Match UI will now show number of seasons/episodes for each matched show
  • IMPROVED: .m2ts files are imported
  • FIXED: top-level Specials directory in your tv import location will be imported in as separate shows
  • FIXED: metadata for TV specials now imported correctly
  • FIXED: changing show via Fix Incorrect Match was not removing old/incorrect episode information in some cases
1 Like

Ah interesting, I've never tried to base stuff off of zap2it, just thetvdb and themoviedb. Good catch!

The standalone shows now seem to follow the series look. Top is from standard program on DVR from original airing. Second is imported. Third is original + imported copy. Artwork / Metadata is missing on the second screen. I posted an example below. Importing definitely works better now.

Still having problems with the Doctor Who Specials. Seems like zap2it puts them at the start of the next season with no episode number.

For example on the TVDB they are...

Air Date Order = S00E02 Christmas Invasion
DVD Order = S01E14 Christmas Invasion

Zap2It
Christmas Invasion is listed under Season 2 with no Episode Number

This is the same for all the specials that I can see for Doctor Who. I have mine using he DVD Order for Plex.

Thanks for the new build. The series I had where the fix incorrect match feature was not removing incorrect episode info is now fixed.

I am still getting the weird issue where when I use fix incorrect match to replace the US version of a show (MI-5) with the UK version (Spooks) which is shown in the fix match dialog, it still just uses the US show name and artwork even though I selected the UK show name which had the correct UK artwork.

A new issue: I decided to top up my imports for some shows by setting a season pass for them to capture some re-runs that were showing of episodes / seasons I was missing in my imported library. I was expecting the feature that won't record the same episode twice to function across both imports and recordings to kick in, but it didn't. So it's recorded duplicates of a bunch of episodes I already had imported (and had already been correctly matched at the time of the recording). I've only had this come up so far on the Spooks series mentioned above, so it could be related to US/UK show name matching issue?

Also, feature request: could we have the ability in the web UI to edit at least the show info and ideally also the episode info directly (maybe only enabled for shows with no match from the data provider)? There are a handful of shows in my library so old / obscure that they're never going to appear in the data provider's data. If I could art name, description and show artwork for those that would make the library a lot nicer to look at.

3 Likes

I, too, have had a season pass re-record episodes that I converted and moved into Channels. Like the Beta movie import, Channels appears to separate its own recordings from any imports. I like it that the imports are separated. Sometimes a video, that I imported, was not labeled correctly by my previous video recording software. Because the Channels recordings are separate recordings from imports, I can see both Episodes in the iPad IOS application and make the choice keep the right one.

The TV import is really new and I need to remind myself this is an Alpha (pre-Alpha) feature. The Channels Developers do a great Job. They are at the mercy of their episode guide source. Some show just do not have a correct match from that source.

I even found one series Channels recorded correctly a year ago, but today the episode guide source shows no listing for the show — Johan Falk Swedish Mystery. I cannot fault the Channels Developers for that mismatch.

As @jmdraper mentioned above, I would also like the Import functionality to help Channels determine whether or not a show/episode is recorded. My library contains lots of content that I would eventually like to import into Channels. Obviously, I'd prefer my Passes to ignore/skip episode recordings when said episodes have already been imported.

Thank you for this feature - it is so amazing and exactly what I was looking for. It works well too!

One quick question - is there a way to get it to force commercial detection on import/rescan? I can do it manually through the Web UI and it works great - but it would be helpful to have it done automatically. I was going to write a script to do it, but the recomskip needs an internal file number which I haven't yet figured out how to get.

Thanks again

1 Like

Thanks! Works great.

Now I just need to verify the 24 it found matches for are correct and then try to match up the 123 unmatched ones.

What would really be helpful is if you could put the groups ReleaseDate on the shows display.
In order to verify correct match I'm using the artwork, summary and OAD(ReleaseDate).

I'm really liking the way Channels identifies specials.
Working on manually matching about 100 specials it didn't identify.
I find if I rename the file to Special Title (OAD).ext it usually picks it up.
i.e. Valley Uprising (2015-04-25).mpg

I can't find this Special using Find Show Match.

./Specials/Above the American (2009-06-08).mpg

I know it's tms SeriesId SH01157908 and can see at at zap2it here

But it doesn't appear in Find Show Match.

Is there any way to search using the tms id?

Just wanted to add the reason I know the tms id is that it was recorded on my TiVo in 2009 when they were using tms guide data.

title : Above the American
seriesTitle : Above the American
description : An aerial tour of one of California's most picturesque waterways, the American River. The journey begins at the confluence with the Sacramento River and travels the North, Middle and South Forks of the American. Incredible scenics, Old West history, wildlife, Native American artifacts and a thrilling ride down some of America's most famous whitewater rapids. 
time : 2009-09-15T12:00:00Z
isEpisode : true
originalAirDate : 2009-06-08T00:00:00Z
isEpisodic : false
seriesId : SH01157908
programId : SH011579080000
vProgramGenre : Special
vSeriesGenre : Special

I’m struggling with specials. PBS Globe Trekker has been the toughest. Tried to name them as ./Season 0/ShowName - S00E01 ShowTitle.meg as well as ./Specials/ShowName - ShowTile (air date).meg.

The Shows transfer into Channels, but no metadata. Zap2it shows Season 0 for most of the specials. An episode looks like 435 Caribbean Islands..... and air date. The best is with the episode named S00E435 and the 435 number appears in Channels IOS 4.0.4 associated with the .meg file. The FireTV 4K just shows the same episode as Globe Trekker.

Any suggestions? I have gone as far as creating a directory full of Seasons with 10 second videos as placeholders. Season 1, for example, has multiple .meg files named S01E01.meg to S01E30.meg. Importing these into my Imported Shows directory forces the guide to find matches. Once a match is found, the the correct show .meg file is named and imported and the placeholder deleted.

See post from 6 days ago.
zap2it Season 0 is unusable.

Thanks! Now I understand. I also realize any import is an Alpha product. It works for most show-episodes that I tried. Just need to wait and see how the import process matures.

Maybe you already discovered this, but try https://tvlistings.zap2it.com/