ALPHA: Import TV local content into DVR

Imports are working great! Finally able to bring some of the old Plex DVR shows over with ease. As @mhopkins62 mentioned above, I'd like to second the request for a way to kick off an imports-wide commercial scan. I actually wouldn't mind doing it manually if the requests were queued, but each time I start a new episode scan the current scan is terminated (unless I'm doing it wrong?)

Imports Edit Show info
Channels DVR Imports Edit Show info
Have to ask. I only see this on my unmatched imports, not the matched ones.
And clicking it does nothing as far as I can tell.
Is this a future fallback route that lets us edit the metadata/artwork for imports not in whatever guide provider is being used?
(Hope so).

This has been working extremely well!
I'm down to 34 unmatched shows (from 100+).
Using the matching process I found some of the videos I had categorized as Specials were actually a series episode.
Keep up the great work!

So how are you doing it?
If you recomskip from the episode in the DVR web UI 'Redect Commercials' it will run comskip against that episode.
If you do that to multiple imported episodes it will kickoff a comskip instance on each one (as you can see in the DVR log) but only displays the latest one in the DVR web UI status section.
Normally Channels DVR only runs one instance of comskip against a finished recording and waits until it's finished before doing the next recording.

Yup that's exactly how I was doing it. Good to know it's not actually killing the previous scan. I imagine stacking those up will saturate my poor synology nas quickly though, so I'm hopeful that a queue is coming.

In the next pre-release I've added a "Fix Incorrect Match" option on individual episodes. You can now search for the episode title and find the correct match that way.

During scan it will also try to extract the episode title from the filename and use that for matching if the season/episode is not producing any results.

I tested these changes with example paths provided above for Black Clover, Yes Minister and other shows. Those all work as expected now in a fresh scan.

As before, if you encounter things that are not scanning correctly: please copy/paste the path shown next to the import on the DVR web UI when reporting the issue.

Re: Edit Show Info, I do plan to add that eventually but right now we're focused on fixing the matching.

3 Likes

There ya go. Now we won't be bothering you guys all the time.

Thanks, What version is that?

v2020.09.07.0012 available now

1 Like

Thanks, this one still not matching

Screenshot_2020-09-16 Channels DVR

Edit to add when I changed the search from this
100 Days Wild (2020) - S01E00 - Off Grid & Under Pressure (2020-08-20)_cut
to this
Off Grid & Under Pressure (2020-08-20)
it worked!

1 Like

Since Gracenote data can be quite anemic, perhaps another avenue might be NFO files to allow users to provide their own metadata.

(This is a request to add support sidecar NFO files; I realize that the above could be read to mean that Channels currently supports NFO files, but it does not.)

2 Likes

I like the way you think.
First add it as an Experimental option so Channels DVR generates one,
then work on importing them.

[x] MCEBuddy Metadata
Export .json file next to each recording for MCEBuddy processing

[x] NFOfile Metadata
Export .nfo file next to each recording for portable metadata

Maybe a bug in new Fix Incorrect Match for episodes.
Picking a Special here.
The Show info is at the top and the episode info at the bottom.
If I click on Fix Incorrect Match for the episode, it flashes a search dialog and goes away.
Not sure how else to explain it.

Followup with a couple more bugs.
Using a Special I choose to Fix Incorrect Match at the Show level.
Notice there is no episode description below.

I choose another version of the Special.
Screenshot_2020-09-16 Channels DVR Take 2
Notice the new episode description below.

I decide that was not correct and choose the original choice.
Screenshot_2020-09-16 Channels DVR Take 4
Notice how the episode description hasn't changed.

1 Like

Thanks I’ll test this out tomorrow!

One thing now that I’m using subtitles watching some things... is there any plan to change the pause screen to a more “minimized” look, i.e. I’d suggest lower and just the timeline as it is without the title or big background? When my daughter or I pause anime we like to see what they’re saying... usually because we’re not fully paying attention and reading forums but still...

You can press Up on the remote to hide the progress window while paused.

It’s actually Down (at least on my Harmony :stuck_out_tongue:). But yes I know that works I’m just giving feedback on something I thought of and then my daughter brought up.

Thanks, it’s working well. I individually went through and changed a lot of the Black Clover episodes and that worked. For Boruto I just rematched that whole show and it picked up the additional 65 it wasn’t before (but that didn’t work for Black Clover).

How do we report episodes that don’t have anything?

Awesome stuff. This has fixed about 80 more episodes across a bunch of different shows for me.

When you do come round to adding 'Edit Show Info', please could you make this possible for both matched and unmatched shows - at least for the image? Reason being for some shows I have a match which is correct but the underlying data seems to be missing an image.

Also would be handy to have a way of removing a match for a show/episode without replacing it with another. I have a couple of shows where I searched, found a match I thought looked right and selected it but then realised it was wrong and there is no correct match in the underlying data. But now I can't remove the incorrect match.

1 Like

Maybe I missed something and this is just not implemented, but is there a way to disable deleting imported content? I really don't want the option to "Delete All Recordings" on the web interface nor "Trash All Items" in the iPhone app for imported content. DVR recordings are fine to delete. Please don't let my spouse inadvertently delete my imported content.