AndroidHDMI for Channels (ah4c): A virtual channel tuner using HDMI Encoder(s) + streaming stick(s)

I pushed a test container but ran into a very minor bug. Fixing now. The stock scripts are back but the gh ones aren't showing up in the dropdown.

@mnwxman132

please test mackid1993/ah4c:latest or beta. If you could please also take a backup of your scripts and repeat the steps that caused data loss I'd appreciate the confirmation that is fixed!!

I agree with your approach, and the path of least resistance to have the scripts work is to avoid sleeping the apple TV and avoid prebmitune. For a newbie, it eliminates a lot of unknowns, then as they gain experience they can add back the scripts to support apple tv sleep.

The great thing about this new script scheme though is the houskeeping and ease of use to sideload the scripts. Once i figured that process out this morning it is very slick @mackid1993 to have the set of local scripts in the dropdown with the advanced path! And to switch back and forth for testing this is superb! I used to have to rename files and monkey around in finder, etc. So this is very nice!

Well done both of you!

I still want to test preroll with this, as well as the android side of things in another container. I may play around with the fastchannels bridge.

Is there any compatibility with @babsonnexus hdmi native apps here? . Im a bit confused. I have never played with adbtuner yet, just hardcoded some adb tuning scripts here in our ah4c world.

The hdmi native encoder approach seems to have a lot of built in deeplinking and ability to tweak the adb commands for special cases. Im right at a decision point of how to bring back some of my missing spectrum channels that got blown away during the cox buyout last week.

My first thought was hdmi encoder native apps, then there is now fastchannels with and without the ah4c bridge. So some interesting choices moving forward. Any suggestions?

Either way i will continue to stress test @mackid1993 and build an android container with the new dashboard approach as well. Might be a day or two.

1 Like

Did anything get wiped?

If Spectrum works as well as DTV does with the FastChannels ah4c bridge, you won't really need anything else.

Ive got to run off for a while now, but wanted to get back to you at least on this.

From your beta - now the scripts were preserved. I used the update yes/no button - which worked as expected and pulled my new scripts from the repo. Then I also did another pull and redeploy with "no" selected in the UI and the scripts did not get wiped.

However, I did notice that GPU Vulcan somehow downloaded with the deploy, even though I never downloaded here manually through the closed capture menu.

Im noticing that CC is not working very well at all now. Something got hosed. Still using the defaults with parakeet but even worse than this morning..... Im using CPU only...

1 Like

Im running now with a mix of different providers and sources. I used to have everything through COX which was very clean,..Spectrum is now TVE only for me going forward, and that is working here in ah4c land very will, with native CDVR TVE sporadic spectrum/cox authorization as a fallback.

Can you show a screenshot of activity monitor while you are capturing (the CPU tab)? FWIW I tested captions and they were fine for me.

I'm not following you there. At least for DTV, the FastChannels ah4c bridge includes all subscribed channels. I would expect Spectrum to be the same.

Added 2nd stick this am. Had to authorize twice but I’m on beta4. Enabled CC and it’s much better on Mac then on Synology.

Let me know if you need any specific test as I’ll start to migrate to Fast Channels bridge.

Still need my 3rd stick but can’t get until Oct. Prime sale around 10/6.

I’ll have a full rack after I move my ADB tuners over.
Everything POE.

1 Like

bnhf/ah4c:beta6 pushed this afternoon, and includes up through PR#46. Now is the best time to report anything you'd like to see changed or needs to be changed. We're getting closer to a release. @mackid1993 has done a fabulous job with this once again, and may be looking for a little breather after the release -- so speak now. :slight_smile:

Also, bnhf/olivetin:latest (aka bnhf/olivetin:2026.09.22) was pushed yesterday, and includes the ability to spin-up an ah4c-minimal stack that allows you to specify the minimum number of values required in env var form -- making the maximum use of WebUI Settings:

Multiple ah4c stacks are also supported, by selecting a container number.

1 Like

Quick question for the docker logs startup if compose is not used. Can we suppress the log note on the compose file being out of date or can the message be changed to ignore if compose is not in use? I plan on getting ah4c on Unraid Community Apps once this is final using bnhf/ah4c:latest. All I have to do is author an Unraid XML file and drop it in my repo-- super easy but I was hoping to avoid misleading log messages since it's bare docker with some Unraid one click easiness.

Sure, but a related question would be what if the XML needs to be changed (due to a new env var that can't be handled in settings, for example) -- is there a way to add a date to the XML that could function in a similar way -- so someone would know the XML template they used is out of date?

Oh! It's just handled in git. You have to reach out to the CA maintainer to get your repo approved for Unraid CA. It updates all repos every 3 hours I think. If I had to make a change I update my XML change it on Github and it gets pulled in automatically.


This is my custom Channels container for Unraid (handles root issues).
These are my templates that get pulled in.

But what about for existing installations? How would you alert them that they need to build with an updated XML, that would include a new env var or directory binding? That's what the Compose date check is for, and I'd like to see that duplicated somehow.

1 Like

I see what you mean. They would have to manually add the variable then. It wouldn't update their XML. What I could do is add a variable to date the XML and the log line could warn that their XML is out of date and to redownload from community applications.

That would be great, and especially if we can use the same date for both Compose and XML.

I think that would be the plan and then change the message to fit both cases.

1 Like

@bnhf this is from the create all m3u page.
Is this a bug? Or is all supposed to be a recursive option lol....

Edit: captions is listed too. pushing a container and a PR for last min fixes.