Anybody on the West coast to help with stream details?

I'm looking for somebody on the West coast to help gather technical data about TVE streams so that I can complete this: TV Everywhere stream details in Google Sheet

I am on the East coast and I do have access to some West coast streams but not all.

The ones I'm missing:

6011 COMEDY CENTRAL (PACIFIC)
6013 MTV (PACIFIC)
6015 VH-1 (PACIFIC)
6017 CMT (PACIFIC)
6019 BET (PACIFIC)
6021 TV LAND (PACIFIC)
6023 PARAMOUNT NETWORK (PACIFIC)
6025 LOGO (PACIFIC)
6029 NICK JR (PACIFIC)

The process is simple:

1. Record one show on a channel, preferably in prime time
  2. Open the details view of the recording in DVR/Manage or in the library
  3. Take note of the technical details as shown in the Google sheet
  4. Kindly provide me with the details so that I can update the sheet (alternatively, I could give you write permission in the sheet so that you can enter the data yourself)

Nobody? :slightly_frowning_face:

I was about to make some recordings to help out, but I see you'd prefer prime time.
I can handle this over the weekend?
My channels include those, but PARAMOUNT NETWORK is on 6022 though.

My bet is that there is no difference between the EST and PST streams. They come from the same servers.

6011 6013 6015 6017 6019 6021 6022 6025 6029

Thanks a lot, @Fofer ! :smiley::+1:

1 Like

Interesting for Paramount because this is my channel lineup:
tve_paramount

Not sure why this is different on your side.

Sorry for my lack of replies sooner, life got busy in the past few days.

Thank you again for doing this, I really appreciate it. I have updated the sheet with your numbers. :slightly_smiling_face:

One thing though is something seems to be off with 6017 CMTP because the bit rate is only 0.87 mbps. The East stream has 3.5 mbps so it should be about the same.
I'm suspecting that the short duration of the recording is not providing a reliable value. It's possible that during those 4 minutes of the recording, not much was going on in the content of the picture so a low bitrate was used by the encoder. It's OK, for now I have copied the values from 6016, which should be more accurate.

Nice to see the spreadsheet more complete now thanks to you. :smiley:

Fair point. I didn't know that the streams were from the same servers.
The data confirms your statement. :slight_smile: