Apple TV 4K Guide scrolling speed

Is there anyway to disable the quick scroll feature on the app for Apple TV 4K? Using the apple or harmony remote, after you hit down so many times / amount of time (?) it goes to a super quick scroll. Is there a way to turn that off? Thanks.

1 Like

I think this is the same thing I asked for here Disable guide scrollbar when swiping. Apparently this is something the Apple TV does automatically and it is part of the built-in Apple UI library that Channels is using so it can't be disabled.

As of right now, there is no way to disable. Have you tried just tapping on the touchpad on the upper or lower side to move the selection up or down one?

I just recently found this to be much more accurate when trying to scroll to a channel. I’ll quick scroll to the area on the guide I’m trying to get to and then use the light tap (without actually pressing) on the touchpad to move to my selection.

That’s exactly what I’m experiencing! Bummer there’s no fix. Even using the harmony remote and hitting down, down, down .etc. triggers it and blows past where I’m going.