Apple TV keep getting error "connection to tuner lost. Press play to reconnect"

Hi,

I keep getting an error with Channels DVR and Apple TV.

The system stops with a black screen and the message "Connection to tuner lost. Press play to reconnect" (may be press to continue.... going from irritated memory :-))

It seems to happen every 3-4 hours... whether actively watching a channel (rewinding/fast forwarding or changing channels/programs) or not. I press play and it reconnects to the channel at the current timeframe.

I have the up-to-date server software (just checked.)

I have searched settings in the Apple TV software to try to find a setting that may be doing this, but I cannot find anything that would indicate it would break the connection to the server. (I am connected from the server to the Apple TV via ethernet cable)

Anyone have any idea what's going on?

Thank you!!

What's your tuner source? That sounds like the server is losing connection to the tuner source, not the client.

Hi - thanks for the response.

I am using Philo for my source. I also have a homerun with outdoor antenna but really don't watch those stations.

I guess I was thinking it was the Apple TV box/client since when it happens I have nothing available until I press play on the remote?

But..... I guess I can't rule the tuner source out at this time.

Additional info if helpful - I was using a cheap android box for a couple years and it would do the same thing but after 12 or more hours..... so I thought the Apple TV box would work better....

Today it happened twice while watching shows. Admittedly I was an hour or two behind the live TV time so I could skip past commercials.... so of course, both times I missed the ending of the shows I was watching ><

Maybe next time it happens I'll check to assure server is still available...??

Thank you again!!

Mike

Most likely the DVR server lost connection to the TVE channel you were watching from the Apple TV.
Looking at the Channels DVR log entries for the time it happened should show the errors.

1 Like

OK thanks!

I'll check that out when it happens again.

Should I expect to see something stating that the TVE channel connection was lost or just lost connection?

I can't remember a "specific time" that it happened in the past, but I looked at the logs and see several "Closed connection to TVE-Philo for channelxxxx....." I'm assuming that is a "normal" channel changes or no?

Also I see a couple of Error messages around 1am yesterday morning.... and we weren't using the system then:

1. "Failed to get movie info for tmdb/603:......"
  2. "Error during live stream for ch6091 HALLMARKMM: could not fetch playlist from crownmediaingest.akamaized.net: GET: https://crownmediaingest.akamaized.net/(lot of characters and numbers.......): 403 Forbidden"

Could one of those indicate that the server lost connection to the TVE channel? (Hallmark in this case?)

Thank you!!!

(I hope this makes sense! )

1 Like

That indicates an access issue. Check your password and go on halmarks website and try to.watch with your tve creds and see if that works.

1 Like

Please update to the latest DVR pre-release and see if that improves the situation.

Hi Slampman - sorry for the delayed response!

Thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately, it is happening on all stations.... Hallmark was just the example I used for the error message.

I just updated to the latest DVR release (did pre-release and then latest release) per Eric's suggestion.... I'll see if that corrects it.

Thanks again!

Thanks Eric!

I just updated to the latest release (2024.07.09.0408) - which came up when I selected pre-release.

I'll see if that corrects the issue.

Thank you for your response!!