ATSC 3.0 question

9 and CW are sister stations. I’m thinking they are having problems. I had a lip sync issue with 9 but it went away after switching from hardware decode to hybrid then back to hardware

Do you change that on the server or are those the experimental settings on the clients?

Client. Atv might not have those options though try settings/playback /advanced/drivers. Try experimental?? Could have been coincidental on mine though

I’ve emailed channel 9 to see if they are having issues. Not to optimistic for a reply though
[email protected] if you would like to pester them with me

Channels support instructed me to contact Silicon Dust which I have done

Well both ABC and CW seem to be working fine now I’m not sure if they just had some kinks to work out or not. The only issue remaining for me is audio sync issues with KSHB (141.1). The audio is about 0.5 seconds ahead of the video and I can’t figure it out. When I open the same program on the HD Homerun app on my Apple TV (2021) I don’t experience the same lag. Same with running the app on my iPhone I don’t see anything wrong. So it seems to be something related to the app. I thought I’d check with you to see if you were experiencing any issues before I reach out to support. But dang I am impressed with ATSC3 signal quality I haven’t had any drops and normally breezy days in my dense neighborhood would cause all kinds of issues.

Just wait until they actually up the quality of the ATSC3 streams and sources start being 4k. Years from now, I suspect.

Try switching the app to Playback > Advanced > Audio Driver: Experimental

As far as abc and cw they seem to be working good. I did get an email back from them and they said to rescan. I did that as part of silicon dust support so I don’t know if 9 or sd made some changes to 9. Audio wise 141 for the chiefs game was terribly out of sync. Audio was like 2 full seconds ahead during sideline interviews but the commercials were synced properly. Really what audio issues I’ve seen come and go so I’m thinking it’s the show

You might be right. Seems like commercials and non-live material is synced fine. It just seems odd that the HD Homerun app on thee ATV was working fine and so was the iOS app

I’m wondering if they are are actually using a 1080p60fps on the chiefs game and their encoder isn’t up to snuff for this intensive task.

Doubtful. Most likely the source is still going to be at what the typical ATSC1 would be, 720p60 or 1080i30, and our ATSC3 stations are just taking that ATSC1 source and transcoding it to ATSC3.

Is the audio still in sync for you for abc and cw? Both are showing about 0.5 seconds out of sync using the Apple tv. Using the iOS app seems fine. I’ve sent in a support request to SD about a week ago but they haven’t responded. I was thinking that I could have a faulty unit but the fact that it works fine in iOS makes me second guess it. All other stations are in sync and the ATSC1 versions of abc/cw are in sync as well.

I’ll check those specific channels later tonight and let you know.

Abc and cw seem in sync for me both live and recordings, if they are off it is probably less than 1/10 of a second. Some live content like football games are sometimes off and sometimes not on all the channels. I really don’t know what to make of it. Hopefully it’s just station growing pains they will get straightened out. Does atv have different choices for audio decode like hardware,software, hybrid? If so maybe try different ones.

I’m assuming it’s an issue with the station and how it’s working with HDHR specifically. No issues with other stations and it’s synced perfectly on the iOS app. I’ve toggled a few different audio settings and tried playing audio through optical instead of hdmi but it doesn’t make a difference. Hopefully things are ironed out soon.

Just watched live tv on ABC 107.1 on an Apple TV4K in Denver. Local programming. Both audio and video were in sync. Also “fast forwarded” back and both were in sync using an older Sony Bravia TV

Just saw I have 5 of these channels at home, tried them, volume is much lower than any other channel. Video quality is amazing, had the audio delay until I checked advanced settings on my first stick, looks like video decoding was software and not hardware, as soon as I switched it.. audio and video in sync

I don’t have this option on my ATV4K. The only decoding option is see is on the server and it’s already set to hardware.

I noticed FOX , PBS Audio is only 2.0 noticed it during football game stats also say 2.0.

Volume is really low on all channels.... with Channels DVR

With HDHomeRunn APP the sound is great had to lower it.

Latest FireTV Cube.