Atsc 3 dvr announcement

No mention about DRM

1 Like

For a minute there, I thought this was a device to stream OTA ATSC3.0 stations from the internet, like Locast used to offer OTA over internet.
But no, still an antenna tuner, that has a internet connection to pull other online free channels into its offerings.

1 Like

Now we only need a vlc-bridge for the local freecast box

Yeah, well here, they BRAG about providing ONLY encryption capable devices, and how the encryption is for "high value television content" LOL!: Triveni Introduces Industry’s First 3.0 Test Products With NextGen TV Broadcast Decryption | TV Tech

I put their live feed on my TV. It is quite entertaining. Everything they do is so amazing!

2 Likes

1TB storage in the device for OTA recording with option to expand that via USB. Does anyone know if that is 1TB to use as I see fit, or 1TB to use as they see fit. "Record your favorite shows from the antenna to watch when you want!*"

*Within 7 days of recording and as long as we have the rights to the show. All content subject to deletion at any time.

1 Like

I'm sooo excited. I hope that Super Antenna comes with it for that $200 one time fee.

Seriously though, I wonder if the tuner also works with ATSC 1.0.
Looks like they're doing what TiVo wanted and failed to do.

Now I remember where I heard of them, SelectTV is now FreeCast

On FreeCast | Your Streaming Hub under "Freecast Home" it shows a photo of a HDHomeRun SCRIBE

In their video, it looks like a HDHomeRun with a freecast sticker on top:

On Products they have a rendering which also looks like a HDHomeRun but their logo is inscribed instead of the HDHomeRun logo in exactly the same way SiliconDust does.

I installed the Freecast app on Android and I can see it making requests to my HDHomeRun.

Seems to me they're planning to sell a whitelabel 1TB scribe.

3 Likes

Nice find!
And it answers my question about the Super Antenna (HDFrequency MAX Antenna) shown in their video FreeCast HOME

And could their Stream FreeCast Local Market Channels be LocalBTV | Markets ?

3 Likes

Yes that's what it shows on their website

Looks like a rebranded hdhr in the video with Silicondust’s horrendous gui implementation. Unless it’s android since you can apparently rent movies from Amazon, etc. ?

Looks like a partnership with Silicondust who also Owns HD Frequency antennas.

Copyright ©2023
Silicondust USA Inc.
All rights reserved.

HD Frequency is a trademark
of Silicondust USA Inc.

1 Like

Also answers the question if it will record encrypted ATSC 3.0.
When the SD HDHR Scribe does, it will.

EDIT: Looks like the SCRIBE is not available and was replaced by the FLEX.
I assume they will ship a white label FLEX and you would have to use a USB hard drive to record?
FreeCast | Your Streaming Hub " * Connect a USB hard drive for full DVR (Requires paid TV Guide)"
SD Product page
ATSC 3.0 HDHomeRun FLEX 4K (HDFX-4K) – SiliconDust SHOP "Connect a USB hard drive for a full DVR (requires paid TV guide)."

Where did you find that?

I asked in the Silicondust Future Development Section if they partnered with FreeCast.

2 Likes

Not bad for $199.99 considering street prices of
$199.99 for the HDFX-4K ATSC 3.0 HDHomeRun FLEX 4K (HDFX-4K) – SiliconDust SHOP

Correction: This is the $49.99 HDFrequency MAX Antenna that should come with the FreeCast HOME. Cable Cutter Indoor HDTV Antenna | HDFrequency.com It's the only one I see with the stated 50 Mile Range

Even though their picture of a Homerun HD Antenna and video don't display the HDFrequency MAX Antenna

This is the one shown in their video that probably comes free (you pay for S&H) with their FREE plan.
$39.99 for the antenna Cable Cutter Aerowave White HDTV Antenna | HDFrequency.com

The FreeCast Home box shows it is ATSC 1.0 and 3.0 capable.

Also, after reviewing their FAST and Value channel streams on the web, they are definitely using DRM because it will not let you do a screen share or screen recording, it just goes black. The steams also return HLS on Chrome and Firefox, and Fairplay on Safari.

Seems they figured out what others haven’t yet by letting you get local channels on their app not just the TV or internet…way past what Locast was doing and legal.

I talked to their support and they confirmed once this is hooked up to your router you can watch the local channels through their TV and Mobile Apps and with 4 devices at once. Anyone know if anyone else is doing this right now?

If you look closely, you will see they are HDHomeRun units in their box. Which already do ATSC 1.0 and ATSC 3.0

2 Likes

FreeCast is putting it in a more user-friendly app to avoid it being a basic channel app. HDHomeRun seems to be the box but FreeCast is keeping you from changing TV inputs away from your already connected device and put a better price on it.

Someone needs to get this done for all of us because I’m tired of having to move from input to input to input based on what I want to watch and where.

Well I finally got Freecast to load on my browser and FireTV. But is does not seem to be finding my HDHomeRun tuners. I sent that question to their support and they keep ignoring my question.

Does anyone have it working with their HDHomeRun tuners?