ATV DVR disappears if IMac goes in sleep mode

I set up DVR server on iMac. It works great with the latest update (I started another thread about DVR disappearance which has been resolved with the fix you provided).

However, DVR disappears if iMac goes in sleep mode or if I try to log out(which will close all applications including server). I jave two users on this iMac so I am not sure if I can use DVR service unless iMac is logged in with
My user account and not in sleep mode. I changed settings in Energy section so hard drive does not sleep but it did not help. Only option I see is to Energy set up iMac so it never sleeps. I would appreciate your suggestions.

dunno about the users, but letting the server machine sleep is not supported. seems like there should be a way for the server to keep running when everyone is logged out, but the devs will have to comment on that.

rob

I use a mac mini and have it set to never sleep. This way the DVR does not disappear.

Do you have your display on as well all time? Can you logout to switch to other login account? Is there anyway to lock the access in iMac if Sleep mode is disabled?

The mac mini is really single user. Display is turned off, the account times out so you have to enter your password to login to use it.

You can not turn off the computer that runs Channels DVR. It needs to be available when using Channels. That’s why it’s not showing in Channels. It doesn’t see it on the network.

See my post from another thread.

It is now possible to install the DVR as a system service, so it is always running in the background after you log out. See Can Channels DVR run on macOS 10.12.3 w/o login?