Authentication Failed

Hello, I can not authorize my account, which has been working perfectly for about two years now. I deleted it and tried to log back in and keep getting the problem. This is getting very frustrating.

Thank you

Account for what? Could provide more details?

Sorry, I didn’t say, DIRECTV and DIRECTV stream. Both have been working flawlessly for a couple years now, neither will authenticate.

Try these TVE Troubleshooting tips

I'm having similar issues with my DirecTV Stream account. I posted in the threads below and emailed support, but no solution as of yet:

I totally understand that the TVE functionality is a beta and totally at the whim of the provider, but unfortunately this means I will probably cancel my Channels subscription when it is up in December.

Have you tried the latest pre-release?
I don't think providers are keeping TVE going.
I think they mostly focus on app access.
The situation kind of bothers me.

Yeah, I've tried all the TVE troubleshooting steps including running the latest pre-release, but no luck in fixing it.

Totally agreed that TVE feels like a losing battle, but it does still work for me outside of Channels (like on NBC live etc.) so I'd love to keep using and paying for Channels if I could get it working again there. I'd even consider switching providers, but I'm grandfathered into a very cheap DirecTV Stream plan so that's not an option sadly.

Have you looked at any of the projects being used to get those missing channels.
NBC switched to DRM.
FOX in my area is barely on.

Yeah, I'm keeping up with those threads to follow progress, and would totally set them up to get some of the channels working. But with TVE not working at all in Channels anymore, I'd have to set that up for the 100+ channels I used to be able to get via TVE in Channels and that's just not worth the effort and maintenance for me vs. begrudgingly just using the DirecTV Stream app.

TVE is working in Channels DVR ... we have only lost about 12 Original TVE Channels to DRM. You have an authentication problem that needs to be fixed work with support.

I agree, it’s not worth it anymore, I contacted support they gave one reply asking for logs which I provided. Then crickets, I even replied to confirm, still crickets.

If it is not working/not worth it and you are not getting the support, you need to make it work then cancel your subscription. After all we pay monthly for the DVR Service and support is part of the fee.

Oh I whole hearted agree with that!

Are we forgetting that:

1. TV Everywhere is labeled "experimental"
  2. Some stations are encrypting their channels (probably all will eventually).
  3. ChannelsDVR did not charge extra for this feature.

Thay spend more time with Chrome Capture and HDMI Capture than they do with addressing the problems posted above ... experimental or not it is the only feature that keeps me using Channels DVR. If I was in the same boat that the above users, are I would cancel without looking back.

I do not have a problem with TVE but feel for the users that appears to them that no one cares.

@Edwin_Perez
Just what exactly do you suggest the developers do about DRM's?

TV Everywhere will work based on the provider being used.
I'm using Philo and as a general rule, I use Philo to watch my content.
I have put FRNDLY online to bring in stuff that isn't on TVE plsu I have Tugotv for nice access toMLB
I'm using Hulu plus live tv for networks plus planning to add ADB tuner stuff for missing stuff.
Channels is still worth my while here.
I'm using MLB tv plus pluto plus the other free services.
I'm waiting for my HDMI video encoder to arrive so as to get ADB tuner set up.

You seem to miss the Point of the OP they are saying they are unable to authenticate at all ... DRM has only affected a few channels. I went from 184 to 172 with DRM.

1 Like

Let me be honest, TVE is where they makes this program “worth it” why else would you pay for this unless you are using it to record and have a guide?

I guess if you’re using an antenna but I don’t see many other use cases….

DirecTV's backend authentication is wonky at times.

A few things that I have found helpful when troubleshooting auth issues:

1. In a private/incognito tab log in to a TVE site using your credentials and ensure that it works there first
  2. Make sure you are accessing your DVR server via HTTPS; most (all?) browsers do not support location services without an encrypted session, and some of those location checks can hamper TVE authentication in Channels
  3. Create a separate/secondary login for your DirecTV account and use that for TVE within Channels
1 Like