Best Provider with most channels?

What have I done to offend you? I'm a newbie to Channels DVR and just cut my cable 3 months ago trying to figure out all of this stuff is a bit daunting for someone who is not the familiar with streaming and the last thing I need is someone calling me a liar. You are rude and shouldn't be allowed to comment here. I don't know what all these services are, which ones are legit and which ones aren't and just like I'd never heard of Channels DVR, I was told by a friend and checked it out. That's how this works you know is word of mouth. Get a life and quit being a bully. You seem like a very unhappy person. Lighten up and quit being such a sour puss.

Like I said before I don’t believe you and I’ll leave it at that.

Guys let's keep it civil please. The original links were removed and it is obvious that @pabpetina108e is a new DVR user. We are all here to learn and improve our TV watching setups.

1 Like

Thanks tmm1, I was trying to be civil and will continue to do so in the forum, I just don't appreciate being called a liar. Bullying I thought was against the Community Guidelines and if it's allowed, what good does it do to ask questions if someone can come along and belittle and bully pushing false accusations and smearing someone's integrity. What may seem like a dumb question to one, may be super important to the one asking and to accuse them of doing devious acts and lying is uncalled for. I don't allow it to happen when I'm face to face with people and I won't allow it via a blog site either.

1 Like

I'm testing out a few providers here are my results:

Hulu Live -105 channels

AT&T TV Now - 106 channels

Philo - 69 channels

These are the counts from the DVR menu which includes the 40 or so free channels you can get

Not OTT, but a comparison to cable.
Xfinity(Comcast) TVE 85 channels
186 channels minus 56 unavailable* = 130 channels available to view Live
130 minus 9 free channels with no guide data# = 121 channels with guide data available to record
130 minus 45 free channels everyone gets@ = 85 Xfinity-TVE channels

*56 unavailable are (depends on your subscription tier);
1 encountered exception 'Uncaught' (NBATV)
27 login not supported
6 not in subscription
5 not-entitled
11 notAuthorized
6 unavailable in current location

#9 free channels, no guide data
6700 AS-RICKANDMORTY
6701 AS-THEERICANDRE
6702 AS-THEVENTUREBROS
6703 AS-OFFTHEAIR
6758 NBCNEWS
6970 NY-CBSNEWS
6972 LA-CBSNEWS
6973 LA-KTLA
6974 BOS-CBSNEWS

@45 free channels everyone gets
6700 AS-RICKANDMORTY
6701 AS-THEERICANDRE
6702 AS-THEVENTUREBROS
6703 AS-OFFTHEAIR
6750 BUZZR
6751 COMET
6752 CHARGE
6753 CONTV
6754 REVN
6755 TBD
6756 DOVE
6757 NASA
6758 NBCNEWS
6759 NEWSNET
6760 CHEDDAR
6761 CHEDDARBIZ
6762 ETLIVE
6763 FRANCE24
6764 NEWSMAX
6765 CBSSPORTSHQ
6766 CBSNEWS
6767 ABCNEWS
6768 BLOOMBERG
6769 NHKWORLD
6770 COURTTV
6771 DW
6772 CAS
6773 CMCUSA
6774 CMC
6776 WEATHERNATION
6777 PBSKIDS
6778 FSTV
6779 RT-AMERICA
6780 ALJAZEERA
6781 DABL
6950 EVINE
6951 HSN
6952 HSN2
6953 QVC
6954 QVC2
6955 QVC3
6970 NY-CBSNEWS
6972 LA-CBSNEWS
6973 LA-KTLA
6974 BOS-CBSNEWS

Spectrum - 69 Channels

For me it comes down to what do you want to watch, not how many channels there are available.
Famous saying, I have 500+ channels and there's nothing on to watch...

I agree. The vast majority of everything most people watch is probably the 4 major broadcast networks (ABC, NBC, CBS, Fox) which are free with an antenna and not available via TVE.
Then there are about 9 other cable channels that TVE could add which might be worthwhile: ESPN, Discovery, SCI, TBS, Comedy Central, AMC, BBC, IFC, CNN.

So best provider for the big broadcasters is an antenna.
And Philo is probably the best-priced TVE option that has most of the good channels... but not all.
PS Vue probably can cover all of the big ones, plus some extra sports networks.

Hi, is anyone using ATT TV/U-Verse for TVE? How many and what channels can you get? Thanks!

Go to this post Links to TVE Provider Topics
and What channels are available?
to view providers and the apps they support.
I have PS Vue and Philo. That covers just about all networks except for the A&E networks.
Canceled Youtube TV due to no support to TNT networks.

Thanks, I currently have in addition to OTA's from a HDHomerun tuner, Philo (full month) and PS Vue (5-day trial)

I have been testing the New Locast feature for Local Channels and so far works great. Maybe I am not that focused on a picture quality but the picture quality seems fine to us. Others have said that Locast quality is not that good. Also, we are donating $5 per month to Locast.

The picture quality of the stream via Channels seems better than what is received from the Locast app.

There are two problems with Locast though:

1. The streams are unreliable. There are several glitches and problems with the stream that are fine for watching live for the most part, but can cause issues with recorded content. (Also, sometimes the streams become unreachable, rendering channels unable to be tuned.)
  2. Interlacing: Locast does not de-interlace their SD feeds. I noticed this on a recording that was made of Locast this morning. It was a 480i stream that was streamed as 480p, and the interlacing made some portions of the video quite difficult to watch.

I really want to like this feature and am rooting for its success. The problem is that Locast doesn't have the highest quality streams, nor the most reliable streams. If those two problems are addressed, then I will give this another look.

1 Like

12 posts were split to a new topic: Sharing provider account with others because they were off-topic for this thread

So who is king of tve channels? Currently use both Philo and ps vue. Playstation selling vue worries me a bit. I don't use either providers app and use channels exclusively.

Do you need TNT,TBS,CNN, Cartoon Network?Seems like Vue is the only OTT provider that has them. I have Hulu live now, most channels are there except Warner and A@E.

Oops, I may have flagged your post, sorry if I did. Yes, I need tnt tbs and Cartoon network among others. Guess it'll be rough for me with the wife if I can't get those (among others)....except cartoon, that is for me...lol.

At&t tv now gives most logins they even give me channels i dont get in there app. Ive tried youtube tv and psvue but most channels came with atttvnow useing channels dvr and many channels i get in 2 time zones.

No Warner media though