Beta 2023.09.30.2124 Network Media Folders No Longer Showing Movies or Videos

I really like the new settings layout but think I have run into an issue introduced with this change or somewhere around this time.

I have 3 personal media sources that have been served by Channels for almost a year now.
One of the sources is a local hard drive on the Channels DVR Windows 11 Server.
The other two sources are folders on a network mapped drive.

I noticed today that the contents of the two folders on the network mapped drive no longer show any video or movies in the channels library.

One of these paths is z:\DVD that contains over 500 movies sub-folders that I have accumulated over the years.
The second is a folder to home videos (z:\WebSite\MediaSource) that I have recorded over the years.

I can still view the videos and movies of these using a different viewing app by opening them directly from file explore on the Windows 11 Server where Channels is running so I do not believe that it is an authorization issue.

I reverted back to the oldest version of Channels code (2023.09.29.1353) that I have available to see if I can isolate where this issue was introduced but the levels of Channels I have all have this issue.

I removed the folders and readded them to channels and that did not resolve the problem.

I can't say for sure when these disappeared but suspect it was during the restructuring of the settings panels.

I appreciate any suggestions on how to provide any additional information needed to diagnose this or any help to restore this functionality.

Regards, Rusty Stone

Are you running Channels DVR as a service on the Windows PC?
If so, see this fix

Can you check Trash

1 Like

Can you submit diagnostics from the latest prerelease

Thank you for the reply. I am running Channels DVR as a service and have been for quite some time (coming up on a year now). This has worked as a service and authentication has not changed for the service. I have the network shares marked available for "Everyone" as "read". This was working up until some update recently. I believe that this was working as late as middle to end of last week. I had added a new video and it was working.

1 Like

I did review the trash and none of the entries that are missing are in the trash. We watch recorded shows from OTA and delete them once they have been seen and that was the only items in the trash. I went ahead and emptied the trash.

I just submitted diagnostic logs from 2023.09.30.2124

Log is c9619cce-81b8-45f1-bb33-594e74ca6ee0

Thank you for your help.

Rusty

Your log shows:

2023/09/30 21:38:09.374471 [ERR] Failed to read directory \\10.0.0.2\DVD: open \\10.0.0.2\DVD: Access is denied.

Thank you for your assistance. I don't run a domain server here for account management across my systems. I had to setup an account for the service and allow shared access on the file server for this to resolve this problem.