BETA: Channels DVR Server for Raspberry Pi 4 (USB BOOT IMAGE)

It should work for subsequent recordings if that one was already in progress.

nah i changed it 11 hours ago, though i may not have restarted since (obviously one pending now)

Okay I will take a look.

Thanks. I made some changes today which have fixed my reboot problems with the WD 12TB. Can you try it out too to see if it works with your Seagate?

Update to DVR 2020.10.22.2126 + OS 2020.1023.0053. Instead of rebooting, probably best to select Shutdown. Then pull the USB-C power and replace. It should boot up cleanly and then you can select Manage > Reboot and it should again come back cleanly.

1 Like

An OS upgrade downloaded and then said reboot. I clicked reboot and now I'm dead in the water. I think I need to reflash the whole image and start over. Can I manually save settings so I don't have to completely set the whole thing up?

Also is it possible to partition and separate the OS for the DVR part, so if our OS get corrupted we can just reflash and not lose the whole setup?

Followed your steps and am currently running DVR 2020.10.22.2256 + OS 2020.1023.0053. I have been able to reboot twice without needing to unplug the Seagate. Seems to be fixed. Thanks!

1 Like

Did you try unplugging the power and reattaching?

Has anyone set up a share and get it to work. I can't seem to get it to connect to a DS218 share.

Are you getting an orange warning sign, or what's the behavior you're seeing?

Yes orange warning sign.

Yes, I tried that.. I reflashed with latest image and started over

Bummer. A lot of fixes went in since you first installed, so hopefully it is stable going forward. I did fix one issue yesterday that could cause you to have to unplug and replug power up to 4 times to get the system back online. But that's no longer necessary with the latest builds/updates.

The OS image looks like it's missing 'ifconfig' and 'iwconfig' commands. Can these be added?

Those are deprecated commands. You can use ip addr, etc.

However for network management you will need to go through NetworkManager and configuration has to be placed in specific places.

If you can give me an idea of what you're looking for I can work that into the CLI and web UI. I imagine static IP and wifi scan/setup?

Also in terms of the CLI, there are equivalents called distro-* for things in the new web UI. For example, distro-version, distro-upgrade <new-version> and distro-shares list.

Well, as one post I found said....I guess it's time I came out of my cave :slightly_smiling_face: I didn't realize they had been deprecated. TIme to learn something new.

Mainly was interested from a troubleshooting/setup verification point of view and maybe experimenting with a wireless setup to see how it would perform.

I'm back up everything looks good but now remote DVR is not working. I cannot get cert and my log has this message "too many failed authorizations recently"

I reset your domain so try turning remote access off and back on now.

Yes sir that worked, thanks for the super fast response!

So can you clear up a couple of questions about updates:

1. Anything I need to know when doing an app update so I don't break the DVR and need to start over?
  2. Anything I need to know when doing an OS update so I don't break the DVR and need to start over?

I ask because when I initially broke everything last night I did an OS upgrade and hit the reboot button and never got the system back up after a couple of reboots. ( I don't think I hit 4 though, I seen you mention 4 reboots in another post)

thanks again,

Bob

There should not be anything needed. However if it happens again you may want to pick up a micro-HDMI to HDMI cable so you can plug it into a TV and see where its getting stuck. That will help me fix it and make sure it doesn't happen.

I'm uploading a new DVR v2020.10.24.0043 now. It has a new Add Share UI, which will help you make sure the settings are correct.