BETA: Channels DVR Server for Raspberry Pi 4 (USB BOOT IMAGE)

Could you resubmit with 25.1848

Just submitted them.

This looks intriguing but my RPI4/2gig setup with 1Tb SSD is my main channels dvr since January with NO issues. Transcodes well. No failures. Powered by UPS.

Maybe on another RPI4.8 that I have.

Ok did it via remote desktop hope that won't matter. If needed I can redo at home in about 90 minutes.

Sorry I'm still getting all the debug stuff together, so I will need another set of diagnostics after upgrading to OS 2020.1025.2140

I discovered I can control the green LED on the front of the RPI4, so I plan to add some basic diagnostics via blinks so you can tell where in the boot process the PI is getting stuck when it fails.

I also plan to put together a simple recovery image that you can flash onto a SD card and boot, then plug in a USB drive and it will repair that drive to make it bootable again with the latest software, while still keeping all your recordings in-tact.

1 Like

No worries. Thanks for all the work. The logs have been submitted.

1 Like

Ok done

Thanks. I think the SMB mounting issue is fixed in OS 2020.1026.0058

Updated to OS 2020.1026.0143 and still have the same issue. I submitted logs again.

Thanks

I'm still on 2020.10.25.1848 and no new updates available. Operating system on 2020.1025.2140 and no updates available.

Can this be installed on a small USB3 flash drive (like the SanDisk Ultra 32GB USB 3.0, Micro USB Flash Drive)? I'm planning on using ChannelsDVR just as an IPTV streamer for TVE to my NextPVR setup, so I will never be doing anything other than streaming LiveTV through it. I want to use the RPi PoE HAT to power the unit, so I don't want a power hungry drive or something that requires an external power supply. Or am I better off installing the standard RPi image on the USB3 flash drive (I've seen instructions around for that) and then installing ChannelsDVR the "normal" way?

I've set this on a 128 gig usb3 stick and a 256 gig micro SD card for testing and both work fine for watching and also recording. Just remember sd cards and usb memory sticks fail after prolonged use.

I am running DVR 2020.10.25.1848 and OS 2020.1026.0143. I have not had any issues using Samba for several versions. Seems to work fine transferring files from Windows to the drive connected to the Pi.

1 Like

Samba works fine for transferring files. We are looking to set up a share so the channels dvr can use a network drive as storage for imported content without moving the files to the drive connected to the rpi4.

Ah, okay. I misunderstood what wasn't working. That would actually be very helpful. I will check it out on my setup. Thanks.

I think this has been major accomplishment and am happy they are putting so much time and effort into it. I'm impressed on how well the rpi4 performs with this. I used it remotely all last week from different hotels and I think it out performs my DS218. I'm not knocking the DS218 I think that is busy tacking care of other things while this is a truly dedicated DVR system.

1 Like

I agree. Everything I have used so far has been very responsive.

FYI - I just added a share and have the same orange triangle as the rest of you.

1 Like

Please try with OS 2020.1026.1803

That did it. Was able to connect and see the share.

Thanks!

1 Like

Still not working here i got the same orange triangle. Sent logs