Chrome Capture for Channels

OK I will try and work on it.

Guide data will be problematic on more obscure channels, I think the m0ngr31 guy knows how to grab it properly

Ok, I believe I figured it out. It appears that the link needs to be taken from the channel screen.

So, in the Philo guide, click on the channel icon. Use this link, but edit to add an extra "/player" in the URL. So, that https://www.philo.com/player/channel/<string> becomes https://www.philo.com/player/player/channel/<string>.

I read something about this earlier in this thread, but it did not click.

2 Likes

Cool, I am glad you figured it out.

Another approach that i have had some success with, is using a python script to login to service, open a page, find text on the screen and click on it. I use this to automate playback of fubo recordings in channels, by passing arguments in the script. "fubodvr.py NCAAF Pittsburgh" will play the latest panthers game. Something like this might help with services like sling or philo? chatgpt is your friend

How do I use your new code in windows?

1 Like

Is there a way for another Chrome Extension to be included in the Chrome-Capture-for-Channels browser when it loads?

1 Like

I'll have to elaborate how it works. Going to test with puffer this week. Is there a YouTubetv link grabber that's better than this? Have any of you recorded espn4k on YouTubetv? It's actually 1080p, but still

Yes , but that's a work in progress.

Great. Trying to use this Extension - Auto Clicker Auto Fill - for pages that need a little help getting to play. https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/auto-clicker-autofill/iapifmceeokikomajpccajhjpacjmibe

That's the point of my fork it spaces and clicks where you need it. What site are you trying to use

1 Like

No site in particular. I’ve just used that extension before and thought it would be great to have loaded in case I ran into an issue of a video not automatically playing or there being an issue with the volume being muted or something like that.

I have been playing with it with AI , most sites work on it now. Just added puffer stanford, but they only allow 500 streams at once so if I released it, it would always be full.

NBC fixed, very easy to do. Ran the stream for over 7 hours.

New Chrome Capture 0.62, supports DirectvStream, Spectrum, and NBC full screen. Also supports spoofing GPS, but not going to release the CBS method, as its in the grey area.

It presses a button every 3.5 hours for NBC streams.

Following up on a post I did a couple of weeks ago. I saw this Chrome extension will activate the video stream if you right mouse click > AutoClicker-Autofill > Auto Clicker (Record) and click the stream. The stream will play automatically because of the macro that was created.

Now if I launch the site using Chrome Capture:
#EXTINF:-1 channel-id="ABC Local" tvc-guide-stationid="11624",ABC Local (WKRN)
chrome://localhost:5589/stream?url=https://www.wkrn.com/what-to-watch/watch-news-2-live/?brand=abc&callsign=wkrn

The stream will not play in chrome capture. Upon further looking, it appears the Auto Clicker extension will not load along side the Chrome Capture extension and the macro will not run. In the screenshot, AutoClick will not appear with a Right Mouse Click while using Chrome Capture.

Hopefully there is a way to get this functionality to work or there is a way to force Chrome to load the extension with Chrome Capture. I feel like I am close to get this to work.

Autoclicker integration will be a pain. I can code it for you.

That would be fantastic and much appreciated. There was another post in the forum from someone else trying to get the exact scenario to work as well but I can not find it. Having the autoclicker integration to work would eliminate these type of one off requests. I know locally owned Nexstar stations like to post their newscasts on their websites with the exact configuration that I just posted.

I did see there was another request here to see if there was a way to add another extension to the chrome capture extension.

I'm not sure there is an easy way for it to play nice with puppeteer. I still get jitters on my old pc no matter what I do. Going to try an i7 upgrade. First going to test 3060/3600x extensively

Some of you used Max m2 mini, which seems to be similar to older i7 on surface, but not sure if outperforms it in this task.

OK, so 8 thread minimum seems to be the crux of our issues, for people with stutters, we were probably using older i5's at maximum. Did anyone have issues on i7? My 3600x is a 12 thread cpu and I had not one issue on NBC/CBS which have 12-15mbit bitrate and usually cause stutter.

I for the life of me can't get a particular feed to autoplay. Youtube autoplay is working, but trying to play any other video with &autoplay=1 in the url... chrome strips it from the url. How do we get around this?

I am happy to help you test. I am running on a Mac Mini M2 processor.

Yes I saw a lot of Mac mini people with issues. Does nbc.com give you stutter on chrome capture? I had zero issues on 6 core 12 thread 3600x amd. I am going to be testing an i7 6700 soon

PM Me, I have a script that may help a little, but the M2 just may not have the threads necessary.