BETA: Custom Channels via M3U Playlists

More RTSP camera fixes in v2020.11.18.0011

RTSP cameras are working again with this version. Thanks!

1 Like

Are any other clients updated to use the new tags, or just iOS/tvOS?

RSTP camera is working again for me too. Woohoo! Thanks!

1 Like

I know this may be a big ask, but it would be nice to be able to record these streams at some point. There are a ton of ways that I can do this outside of Channels, but I am digging the integrated solution. No need for scheduling or anything like that. Just manual record would make me happy. Can't speak for anyone else...

2 Likes

You can use the tricks for manual recording to record from channels with no guide info:

1 Like

Tried installing in Docker on Raspberry Pi4 and got this error:

docker: no matching manifest for linux/arm/v7 in the manifest list entries.

Thanks. But if I have to put down the remote and go to my computer, it really defeats the point for me. A quick way to record for a bit would be great for me. I know this isn’t likely because nothing else records like that in Channels. Just thought I would toss it out there in case I’m wrong.

1 Like

Looks like it’s just arm64. I’ll look into an arm7 build.

1 Like

OK try now, there's arm6 and arm7 images now.

2 Likes

It's on the devs' radar, but has yet to be implemented. There are a bunch of UI/UX issues surrounding manual recordings and library integration to consider; hopefully it'll happen soon, but don't hold your breath.

3 Likes

Still giving errors:

pi@raspberrypi : ~ $ docker pull jonmaddox/pluto-for-channels
Using default tag: latest
latest: Pulling from jonmaddox/pluto-for-channels
no matching manifest for linux/arm/v7 in the manifest list entries

Yeah. I figured it was in that “sounds easy, but it’s not” category. Channels has already surpassed every dvr I've ever used. I was an early TiVo adopter. I’m not about to complain.

1 Like

Weird, I'm not sure what happened. I saw the builds there. But then they were gone.

They're up there now. Try again.

1 Like

that worked. thanks

1 Like

ok, I don't get that error anymore, but I can't get it to work. I can't connect to any variation:
120.0.0.1:8080
localhost:8080
192.168.1.3:8080

all just give connection error. This is both trying to connect remotely, or directly on the pi. And inputting
http://127.0.0.1:8080/playlist.m3u
http://127.0.0.1:8080/epg.xml
into Channels DVR returns 0 channels

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ docker ps -a
CONTAINER ID IMAGE COMMAND CREATED STATUS PORTS NAMES
4d6249778d0a jonmaddox/pluto-for-channels "/usr/src/app/entryp…" About a minute ago Exited (1) About a minute ago pluto-for-channels

I don't know enough about Docker to troubleshoot or get you logs. I got it to run in Docker on my Mac, but wanted to move it to my pi where the DVR is running and is up 24/7.

2 Likes

I've been able to add my individual IP cameras using their rtsp feeds. I'd like to add the Blue Iris rtsp feed as it merges all 4 of my cameras into one quad view feed with timestamp overlays.

I am using this format for the custom M3U playlist, but I just get a playback failed message when I try to view it in channels.

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:5,Quad View
rtsp://username:[email protected]:81/main

If I paste rtsp://username:[email protected]:81/main into VLC the stream works just fine. Any ideas or suggestions?

I'm not sure what's going on there. I haven't tried it on a pi though.

Wow I didn't you know you specify the layout eg. Quadview in the url. Cool

I figured out how to restart (thanks google) but it doesn't stay started. Going to bed, so any troubleshooting will have to wait.