BETA: Custom Channels via M3U Playlists

that worked. thanks

1 Like

ok, I don't get that error anymore, but I can't get it to work. I can't connect to any variation:
120.0.0.1:8080
localhost:8080
192.168.1.3:8080

all just give connection error. This is both trying to connect remotely, or directly on the pi. And inputting
http://127.0.0.1:8080/playlist.m3u
http://127.0.0.1:8080/epg.xml
into Channels DVR returns 0 channels

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ docker ps -a
CONTAINER ID IMAGE COMMAND CREATED STATUS PORTS NAMES
4d6249778d0a jonmaddox/pluto-for-channels "/usr/src/app/entryp…" About a minute ago Exited (1) About a minute ago pluto-for-channels

I don't know enough about Docker to troubleshoot or get you logs. I got it to run in Docker on my Mac, but wanted to move it to my pi where the DVR is running and is up 24/7.

2 Likes

I've been able to add my individual IP cameras using their rtsp feeds. I'd like to add the Blue Iris rtsp feed as it merges all 4 of my cameras into one quad view feed with timestamp overlays.

I am using this format for the custom M3U playlist, but I just get a playback failed message when I try to view it in channels.

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:5,Quad View
rtsp://username:[email protected]:81/main

If I paste rtsp://username:[email protected]:81/main into VLC the stream works just fine. Any ideas or suggestions?

I'm not sure what's going on there. I haven't tried it on a pi though.

Wow I didn't you know you specify the layout eg. Quadview in the url. Cool

I figured out how to restart (thanks google) but it doesn't stay started. Going to bed, so any troubleshooting will have to wait.

The number after #EXTINF: is the duration of that item in the playlist. For continuous/live feeds, that number should always be -1.

To better understand the M3U playlist format, the Wikipedia page on M3U is a good place to start.

He didn't. The text after the comma in the #EXTINF line is the title of the following playlist item.

For more info, check out the Wikipedia link I posted above about the M3U playlist format.

1 Like

Thank you, this is all new to me so I am learning as I go. I will review the wiki and continue to troubleshoot.

Same results here....docker immediately exits (1) on a pi4

anyone able to get the pluto docker container up? when i try to start it via docker-compose i get this...

ERROR: for pluto-channels  Cannot start service pluto-channels: OCI runtime create failed: container_linux.go:349: starting container process caused "exec: \"/usr/src/app/entrypoint.sh\": permission denied": unknown

Yep I broke it! I'm working on it now.

1 Like

you guys being so active both in development and in the forum answering questions is just outstanding. bravo!

4 Likes

Pluto docker: In the Android and FireTV clients, there's no poster art for the current show at the top of guide....is that something that can be added? Looks kind of bare without it.

Just wondering if you will be adding XMLTV support soon in guide option? I can't get any guide data to load with the custom Url option for my m3u stream.

Ok, the container is working again. Try again.

Yep, the Android app has not received the optimizations that the Apple TV/iOS apps have.

We will need diagnostics from your DVR so we can see the errors. Where can I find blue iris?

XMLTV is already an option.

After you create your source from M3U, click the trash can to delete the default lineup. Then you will be able to add your own XMLTV url.

That's odd I tried 3 different m3u providers and all have XMLTV grayed out and I am unable to select it.