BETA: Custom Channels via M3U Playlists

Ok I figured it out.

You were missing the tvc-guide-title tag.

tvc-guide-title="Evan's Room"

Because you didn't have all the tags for the fake guide data, it didn't use it and fell back to what you would see if you didn't use those at all.

I'd also suggest using tvg-name to name the channel too. I was worried the apostrophe at the end of that line was messing it up, but it wasn't. But it seems safe to lean on the tags we support.

Got it! That made the guide art kick in too. I thought it was strange before that it was just a small version of the logo inside the TV image. Thanks for the help!

FYI - Cut off top row I sent above is still an issue in 4.3.1 just like in beta, which I assume is because it's basically the same build.

Yeah, that bug is known, thanks!

When streaming from Pluto, does the stream go directly to the Client or the DVR?

All non-HDHR streams go through the DVR first.

If you enable tuner sharing on the client, then all streams go through the DVR first before being distributed to the clients.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Issue editing commercials

OMG! YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is there anyone to get art attached to it?

This source doesn't seem to work anymore. I keep getting an access denied when trying to browse to it via chrome.

If you look at this post you can use this docker image locally to create the playlist you need for channels source.

2 Likes

Working... I've never really used docker. I understand it's it's self contain apps, kind of like a VM for apps.

I assume if I reboot I will have to start this manually?

Yes.

The docker log has this:

mv: can't rename 'playlist.m3u': No such file or directory

mv: can't rename 'epg.xml': No such file or directory

Last ran: Fri Nov 20 15:33:09 UTC 2020

Any thoughts on what is the problem?

Thanks

1 Like

Just tried this and it works! But, is there a way to have it scheduled so that we don't have to manually update the guide info? Either in the DVR natively or through an api call? Thanks for all the new features!

There should be more error messages earlier indicating the initial failure.

Not yet. You could replicate the API call that happens when you click that button for now, but we plan to continue making improvements in this area.

Hang on, the guide data isn't auto-refreshed? How do we kick off a API call to do this ?

Guide data is refreshed every morning. If your M3U/XMLTV requires more often refreshes, there is now a button to do so. In the future, custom refresh intervals will be supported.

1 Like

Thanks Aman! It seems like PlutoTV needs to be refreshed more often than that. It looks like I'm getting about 6 hours worth of guide per pull.

For sources such as Pluto or Stirr, how ofter would we need to reload the m3u, or is it just the guide data that needs frequent reloading? Reason asking is that it would be nice if the channel numbers related better to the numbers in their system. If I see a commercial showing something is on channel 150 I could edit to m3u to have that channel listed as 9150 rather than the current 9041 that it's currently mapped to.

After you've started the container enter
docker update --restart always pluto-for-channels

should automatically start on a reboot

3 Likes

what is the api call to click the button (if for example we wanted to set up a cron to do it more often)?