BETA: Custom Channels via M3U Playlists

I'm having the problem where the feed just dies using the Pluto M3U referenced previously. Typically, in a commercial. Also, the strange thing is I suddenly have the commercials playing in German (I'm in US)

020/11/17 08:06:10.012250 [M3U] stream timestamps: Pluto TV Comedy: start_at=2020-11-17T08:06:08-07:00 current_at=2020-11-17T08:06:13-07:00 end_at=2020-11-17T08:06:23-07:00
2020/11/17 08:06:10.012250 [TNR] Opened connection to M3U-PlutoTV for ch57 Pluto TV Comedy [transcode=none]
2020/11/17 08:14:17.101498 [TNR] Closed connection to M3U-PlutoTV for ch57 Pluto TV Comedy

Diagnostics sent
e57dc5be-9c51-492a-b78b-3dd14b0e8641

EDIT: Also sent via support email

1 Like

How does one get all the new Pluto art? Did you add it manually? Did you use the feed from a few posts up?

Iā€™m updated and used the Pluto feed posted here and I donā€™t see that new art.

Thanks.

You guys are amazing - I would gladly pay $2 more a month for this. Works great.

Trying to add my cameras. I have an rtsp URL which works fine in VLC, but when I wrap it in the M3U and try to tune the channel, the log says ā€œInvalid data found when processing inputā€. Interestingly, that line has a ā€œ[HLS]ā€ tag at the front, even though I have the stream format set to mpeg. Maybe that is expected, not sure.

I have the same question, wondering if we need to remove and re-add Pluto, because refreshing doesnā€™t seem to update the artwork either.

I updated to the 2020.11.17.0109 build and am now getting playback failed errors on my security cameras. I did not have this issue with the 11/16 build yesterday.

Logs have been submitted as f46abef8-8705-4498-af68-f5a2b0abd305 .

If you wouldn't mind posting issues to [email protected] we can work on these on a case by case basis without muddying up the thread.

2 Likes

How does one get all the new Pluto art? Did you add it manually? Did you use the feed from a few posts up?

Those feeds you guys are using don't have the art, because they aren't using our extended meta data tags. They're only providing the standard tags which include channel logos.

I'm working on something today that should make it easier to get an optimized m3u for pluto.

The same thing goes for that Stirr M3U, it has channel logos, but they're SOOO small that they look bad in the app. Doing a little find and replace on them would help to get higher resolution images.

Again, all these will work great in Channels, but we've added extended tags to allow you to get an even better experience.

I implore you guys to check them out. They really help make things look awesome as the screenshots above show.

3 Likes

Do you want us send things previously posted or just make a note to use the support address for any future issues?

Feel free to send things already posted.

With Pluto the guide data seems to be around 12 hours. From my Channels DVR logs, I've noticed a guide update every 24 hours. Is it necessary to fetch new guide data more often? I added a cron task to delete and populate the guide data every 12 hours for good measure but Is the right approach?

We'll be adding more robust refresh features for custom channels soon.

2 Likes

Are you able to put the rtsp url in VLC and have it play?

I am having the same issue and can confirm that my rstp url plays in VLC.

If someone can capture a wire shark of VLC playing from their camera and email to support that would be very helpful.

Thanks for this explanation, itā€™s the way Iā€™ve been rearranging channels and the UI makes sense to me. I have two AppleTVā€™s though, and itā€™s not working that way on one of them. As I described, itā€™s losing channel focus after one position move, I have to select it for each move. The big difference I should have realized and is probably very important is that this AppleTV is running the beta of tvOS 14.3. The other one, where rearranging channel icons continues to work fine, is still on tvOS 14.2. Both are running the latest beta of Channels DVR.

Thatā€™s probably what I get for mixing betas with betas. Anyway, hopefully this is helpful information, even if itā€™s not directly on topic.

Are you able to put the rtsp url in VLC and have it play?

No issues playing any of my rtsp urls in VLC

2 Likes

For those having issues with camera feeds, is the feed from the camera HLS, and not MJPEG? In my experience, many cameras default to sending MJPEG, which is quite different than MPEG and/or HLS.

I just sent mine over. Hope it helps.

I've also emailed in a wireshark trace from vlc connecting to one of my security cameras.

1 Like