BETA: Custom Channels via M3U Playlists

It is m3u but when I experimented with Telly, I noticed that the link wasn't static so I am not sure how Matt manages that in his Kodi add-on. I know that he has a tvheadend fork of some kind

Understood. It's all good. At this point I am just playing with the new toy y'all provided. If I get something I want to keep, I figure I am clever enough to figure out adding/cleaning up the data :wink:

RTSP camera issues should be fixed in v2020.11.17.1955

1 Like

Unfortunately still not working in 1955. Diagnostics submitted e587342e-bc51-448b-944b-3d23087d6c95

I’m still looking for M3U lists to test in channels to see how well the presentation is.

Please DM me ones you might be using!!

Addressing lack of data .. Interface possibly for the future?
A tag pop up menu for categories the common Channels categories (movies/sports/drama/news/kids) where you could choose one much like the Manage Channel?

So for example, I could choose MOVIE for say the 007 channels or KIDS for After School Cartoons

That would allow Channels to populate the common categories (limiting the somewhat) the fantastically explosive 399 channels that were added today!

I join everyone else here today with great thanks, this was simply amazing.

1 Like

More RTSP camera fixes in v2020.11.18.0011

RTSP cameras are working again with this version. Thanks!

1 Like

Are any other clients updated to use the new tags, or just iOS/tvOS?

RSTP camera is working again for me too. Woohoo! Thanks!

1 Like

I know this may be a big ask, but it would be nice to be able to record these streams at some point. There are a ton of ways that I can do this outside of Channels, but I am digging the integrated solution. No need for scheduling or anything like that. Just manual record would make me happy. Can't speak for anyone else...

2 Likes

You can use the tricks for manual recording to record from channels with no guide info:

1 Like

Tried installing in Docker on Raspberry Pi4 and got this error:

docker: no matching manifest for linux/arm/v7 in the manifest list entries.

Thanks. But if I have to put down the remote and go to my computer, it really defeats the point for me. A quick way to record for a bit would be great for me. I know this isn’t likely because nothing else records like that in Channels. Just thought I would toss it out there in case I’m wrong.

1 Like

Looks like it’s just arm64. I’ll look into an arm7 build.

1 Like

OK try now, there's arm6 and arm7 images now.

2 Likes

It's on the devs' radar, but has yet to be implemented. There are a bunch of UI/UX issues surrounding manual recordings and library integration to consider; hopefully it'll happen soon, but don't hold your breath.

3 Likes

Still giving errors:

pi@raspberrypi : ~ $ docker pull jonmaddox/pluto-for-channels
Using default tag: latest
latest: Pulling from jonmaddox/pluto-for-channels
no matching manifest for linux/arm/v7 in the manifest list entries

Yeah. I figured it was in that “sounds easy, but it’s not” category. Channels has already surpassed every dvr I've ever used. I was an early TiVo adopter. I’m not about to complain.

1 Like

Weird, I'm not sure what happened. I saw the builds there. But then they were gone.

They're up there now. Try again.

1 Like