Beta: New options for tuning into Virtual Channels

We’re working on it

Man, 0 to acronym in 3 hours.

3 Likes

We've just shipped this feature for Android in the latest beta:

2 Likes

Im not seeing the “start from beginning” button on ipad latest test flight.
I do see it on TVOs.

Am i missing something..

@mnwxman132 You're absolutely right. We caught the bug last night and sent out a fix, but there was a problem with the build so it never went out. I've kicked off another build right now that should have the button in the next half hour or so.

1 Like

This should have the fix:

Woke up this mornin’ and tested the fix. Workin on ipad.

Interesting that the default was set to back to live play and not “in play button”.
Once i changed that back to “in play button” in setting, works great

Can you come with something more descriptive than “In Player” button?

2 Likes

Hmm, I don't think "Button that Overlays the Playing Video, on the Bottom Right of the Screen" would fit though?

1 Like

I'm seeing a couple issues on Android mobile when setting Resume Playback to In Player Button:

1. After selecting a partially watched recording, I still see the prompt to Resume Playing or Start from Beginning (after selecting Resume Playing the In Player Button is shown as expected)
  2. When the In Player Button is shown, the player controls/info overlay cannot be shown/accessed at the same time (by tapping any blank area)
  3. The word "from" is improperly capitalized in the In Player Button text (unlike in the Prompt)

App diagnostics: d2d59780-4b18-40be-980a-91be2aff79be

2 posts were split to a new topic: Guide focus issue

Thanks, these should be fixed in the incoming build.

2 Likes

Looks good, thanks!

With these fixes, I'm now seeing one more issue: the "Start from Beginning" button appears in front of the player description overlay (rather than behind it), obscuring the text.

Confirmed fixed.

Start from beginning button missing in latest build.
Ipados

You used to have the option to "Start from Beginning" when you long clicked on the current time slot in virtual channels to bring up the summary, now it just says "Watch". I used that way of starting from the beginning up to 100 times a day, it was so simple. Now to start from beginning it appears I have to start the show, pause it and then click the start from beginning button. Sure, I can set it to ask me but I don't see that as a favorable change to the way it was before. Great work on the other improvements, but I have to say this start from beginning thing is a step backwards.

2 Likes

If you're constantly long clicking why not just change the default to start at beginning?

The in player button would also be one less step than long-click then swipe and click.

I am actually not sure which option you're referring to from before because we didn't remove any buttons only added new things.

1 Like

Because I don't always want to start from the beginning. And the using the in player button takes longer because it has to wait until the content starts playing before you have access to the button. Before I updated the AppleTV app this evening, I could long press on the currently showing item in the virtual channels and bring up the summary for that show, you used to have the ability to "Watch from Beginning" there, 2 easy clicks. After the update it only says "Watch" I'd be perfectly fine if that was put back the way it was, then I could use the "Live" setting for starting the channel and everything would be back to what it was before.

Edit:
With the way the app runs now, if you set the virtual channel tune setting to "Live", there is no way to start from the beginning except for pausing and scrubbing backward. If you put the "Watch from beginning" back on the summary screen the way it was, then you'd have a way to get to the beginning when using the "Live" setting.

Why is the “pause” step necessary? Just press Select when the “start from beginning” comes up.

This feature has shipped. Thanks for the feedback. Please open a new topic if there's any issues with this.

1 Like