Beta - Server Side Client Settings

Thanks for this. Looks great. For general reference, when you refer to Android are you also talking about FireTV or is it not included for now?

1 Like

It is included in FireTV. Make sure to update to latest beta.

This is a great addition ... I can now control MBPS remote users use. I was able to limit Internet and Cellular and it works great. :smile: :smile: :smile:

1 Like

:wave:
I was excited with the setting but it doesn't work or add anything over to the Global Client Settings.
All other settings added and are working as developed. Great Feature add-on Thanks Channels
There have been 2 updates and no replies why this setting does nothing. I'm was hoping that it did what its setting states. This would be great to startup channel automatically.

This is lit :fire:

2 Likes

I would call the order of the sources as a setting, and it is also the most adjusted setting that I do since they don't ever match what's on the server.

3 Likes

I like that the source order is client dependent this way my 4K TV's can have the ATSC 3.0 tuner first and the server for recordings.

@maddox consider collapsing global settings or moving it to its own page.

If you add all of them, it becomes an infinite scroll.

Thanks.

Wouldn't you say that about the ENTIRE Settings section? :rofl:

Things will evolve.

2 Likes

I also would like this it keeps putting XFINITY and PLUTO above my Primes on the Clients. Even though on the Server I have them on the bottom.

This would be an awesome way to apply themes or color settings to clients as well! :grin:

2 Likes

How dare you speak of such things, it's purple or gtfo

2 Likes

there is no end to the number of settings but a library section could also be useful. This would allow sectional sharing of library content based on client and on local or remote access.

On Android TV I noticed that setting the Playback > Streaming Quality > Internet Streaming option server-side will not prevent a client from changing the option in Settings. Although after changing the selection, backing out, and then going back to the client settings, it's reverted to the value set on the server.

The Playback > Streaming Quality > Home Streaming option is not able to be selected on the client when the setting has been specified on the server. I understand that to be the expected behavior.

Great find ... all settings should not be reset at the Client.

Fixed in next beta. Good catch.

Updated to latest Beta and Latest pre-release still can change them on Android Client.

In 3.12.0403 apk?

yes 3.12.0403 apk

Channels Version

Same here. Android setting is greyed out as if it is read only but I can still change it. Force quit the app and restarted it and it still behaved the same.