Beta - Server Side Client Settings

Thank you for clarifying the broken behavior.

I'm uploading a new apk beta now with a fix.

Also FYI, with the latest server prerelease (v2021.03.13.0136), the settings have now moved to a new Clients tab.

I really like the new layout ... everything appears to be working ... I had to remove all the previous settings re-added and then they worked.

@tmm1

I found 1 little problem General > Start Up > Start Up Section when selecting On Now it defaults to LiveTV.

This was fixed previously, Try changing the setting and then setting it back. You probably set it previously when the value was wrong.

All good!

It is not fixed if I try to set "Start up Sectioin" to On Now it defaults to LiveTV... This happens on the Web Page.

@maddox i found an issue with the PIP setting, well an issue for me anyway.

I have Auto PIP enabled for live tv so the apple tv clients can do its thing like it's supposed to, the feature is great but i want to hide the pip button so it doesn't get invoked by mistake due to its location and the touchpad.

hiding the pip button is great for the apple tv but not for ios clients. if it's hidden for the ATV, its hidden for ios, thus disabling pip for ios.

can the setting be split between tv clients and mobile clients?

Also, the client page is great with its names and ip addresses. Can the activity window in the main page show the name of the client instead of the ip address?

thanks.

Yep that’s the direction we’re going in. Bear with us.

Next up, you’ll be able to override these settings per client. So you’ll be able to fix iOS like that.

2 Likes

Is PiP not available on Android phones? I don't see the setting option in the app on my Galaxy S20. I don't see it on my tablet either.

Update: In the picture in picture system setting it shows as enabled, but the automatic option is not there.

Yep. I just noticed the same thing. I can't set the start-up channel. Just set it to "Live TV" section as described later in the post. Gets me one step closer.

Version 2021.03.14.0324

After a couple of days this setting still does not do anything. Thought I would mention it again and if its going to be fixed and work like it states. This would be great feature where all I have to do is start the app and Live TV will start on the choice of channel.

If it was broken a couple days ago, and we haven’t mentioned a fix, it will still be broken now.

It is our intention that all of our features work. This is a very new feature. Please bear with us, enjoy your weekend!

3 Likes

just a heads up that shake remote to mute setting does not work.

i have it set to off on the server:

the client is not reflecting it:

client and server ( 22f5dbf5-68a2-45c2-9350-74fb31872d93) diagnostics submitted.

thanks.

You guys rock. Thanks for making the best TV experience on the market.

2 Likes

This is fixed in the latest TestFlight beta.

1 Like

With prerelease v2021.03.15.2321, you can now set per-client settings in addition to global settings.

The UI is still in flux, but for now you can access the settings by clicking on the name of the client.

1 Like

2225 seems to be the latest. 2321 isn't showing up
Its there now!

is the design to allow per client settings to override the global settings ?

Yes

3 Likes

Great job ... much appreciated.