BETA - STRM file support for Imports

Yes, even when Cellular Streaming is set to Original - Direct, it doesn't work. It also doesn't work when I am on WiFi at home and its set to Home Streaming - Original - Stream. It only seems to work on WiFi, at home, when using Original - Direct.

Just to add a little more info. This seems to be restricted to iOS only as I have both androidTV and iOS set to remote stream original. AndroidTV works, iOS fails.

Just circling back to this regarding a fix?

I think this was resolved in a recent beta. It just wasn’t listed in the notes. Please give it a try.

Just installed beta iOS and working perfectly. TY!

2 Likes

Which streaming services will work with stream files? And how do i get the correct url from the compatible streaming services>

I don't think any do, because of DRM (copyright protection.)

I did however find lots of interesting documentary content freely available on NHK World:

It's a Japanese channel but lots of their videos are in English and if they're in Japanese they have English subtitles.
With Chrome browser I use the Live Stream Downloader extension to identify the address of the .mp4 file that is playing and then use that as a Stream File in Channels DVR.

Example, from this:

To this:

https://hls-abr-api-wse-nhkw.stream.co.jp/make.m3u8?app=mz-nhk10&plfm=kitdvod&bcp=mm/flvmedia/&media=1271808:5905/v/9/n/v9nt8r31_eby23yxg_h264_1244K.mp4,677888:5905/v/9/n/v9nt8r31_h7d0x2ou_h264_664K.mp4,391168:5905/v/9/n/v9nt8r31_xk568210_h264_384K.mp4

I've also found some usable .mp4 URLs over at the Internet Archive. For now, at least.