Beta: Web Admin v2

As for v2 and playing with Firefox, here's what I found.
If it doesn't start playing

open the PIP view and you'll see it's paused. Hit play or skip ahead.
Screenshot 2026-10-03 133554

1 Like

The Green Dot indicator in the Guide and other places when u pull up a repeat episode of something you have recorded.

In the previous UI, it meant it was Recorded, and when u open the details, it says that, with a dropdown menu to Mark as not recorded or Record again.

This is something i recorded before, but have deleted the recording long ago.

New UI, says In Your Library, and clickable, but gives a blank box page. No options as the old UI.
U can click the normal Record button, for a one time record.

Screenshot 2026-10-03 at 4.02.48 PM

I've barely started playing around with the interface, but so far from a visual standpoint I love it (especially being able to apply custom themes). Hoping some of this polish will make it over to the client side. The changes last year were great but still could use some love to make it look even nicer!

2 Likes

Good find. I don't see a way to mark as not recorded anywhere in the new UI.
We need that!

Oh yeah. I see that if I go to PIP and actually start playing that I can take it back to the original window:
image

and then the control bar is there at the bottom:

I do see the nifty gear tab in the lower right of the playback window that allows the user to select the playback quality. Is there a way to lock down the quality at the server level for the web interface? I see the setting in 'advanced,' but even the old interface didn't really seem to honor it.

1 Like

It's honoring the advanced setting for me.
Screenshot 2026-10-03 150433

spacebar also works in pip and after toggling pip.

this was Channels DVR Extras chrome extension

There has always been. In settings go to Web Player and set your quality. The web player will always start with this, but you can adjust it in the player.

image

image

Selected this in the player:
image

Got this:
image

For any family member that is connecting with a web browser remotely, they are killing my Internet upload speed.

This is a client side setting, not a server side setting. Also, not new and how it's always been.

New pre-release resolves these:

2 Likes

So, no. I just figured it was always broke.

1 Like

It always has been a per browser setting, not a server setting.

It's in v1 from the guide or the pass matches tab.
mjitkop added it to the recordings

1 Like

As in the original Interface:

3 Likes

the old commercial edit did have small thumbnails, but allowed for easy scanning while scrolling.


v2 only shows 3 lines so it makes it easy to loose track of where you are in your scroll and miss segments.

would smaller thumbnails with click to zoom be an option?

also I'm sure we don't need all these details, but the padding info was useful while editing.


the old interface let us toggle between Edl, Edit, Tags, ect. to compare without completely starting over.

1 Like

Is the sidebar not sticky to be minimized?
I minimize it, but then refresh the page, or re-open bookmark, and its expanded again.

I personally hate sidebar style for main navigations, prefer top bar as it takes up less space overall on screen, though minimize a sidebar is acceptable.

I liked being able to see the % used to the first decimal place, rather than rounded to a whole number.
I do like that the total storage space is identified.
OLD:
Screenshot 2026-10-03 4.07.31 PM
V2:
Screenshot 2026-10-03 4.11.15 PM

For the web player, can we get skip forward 30 secs and skip back 10 secs buttons like in the v1 player.
Using left/right arrow keys only moves 5 secs in Firefox.
Using shift+left/right arrow keys only moves 10 secs in Firefox.

Home Page options on settings is missing "Status" page as an option

2 Likes