Black Screen

Purchased app four days ago and it worked perfectly on set up. However, this morning all channels showed black screen even though it looked like the channel tuned in properly. I rescanned for channels again on my HDHR prime but that didn’t resolve the issue. I then cleared the app cache and data, and forced stop - still the black screen. It’s only when I rebooted the FireTV that the app started working again. Any solution to this frustrating issue?

I’ve had that happen a couple times. In some cases I believe it might be our J-Tech Digital HDMI/TOSLINK extractor, but, on a couple occasions, I’m certain it was the FTV, because only power-cycling the FTV restored it.

I don’t believe this is a Channels bug, but I would not swear to it.

Sometimes wonky HDMI cables can have effects like this. I’m using the no-doubt bargain-basement HDMI cable that came with one of our MiBoxes between the FTV and extractor. So yesterday I ordered one each of 3-foot Amazon Basics and Monoprice HDMI cables.

If this happens again, try running the official HDHR app and see if it can play video or not.

Thanks for the response. When it happened yesterday I did resort to the HDHR app and it worked fine.

Next time this happens please go to the Player tab and submit diagnostics.

When there’s a black screen do you still hear audio?

I’d force stopping the app and restarting it doesn’t fix the issue it sounds like it’s something at the OS level.

Which FireTV model and FireOS are you using?