Can I use BBC Four HD iPlayer stream in Channels?

Works a treat for me. Cheers Miles!

Damn it, that means I have screwed up somewhere.

Thanks miibeez, the itvx website has 20+ curated channels on there that don't require an app - are you able to bring those across as well, e.g. https://www.itv.com/watch?channel=fast9

Messing around with this. I got everything to work except ITV. (and Blaze, not sure why yet)
I don't see a playlist for ITV. Is something required other than an itvx account?

Great work on this project!

Same here with Blaze and C5.

1 Like

ITV is MPEG-TS not HLS

1 Like

As far as I can tell, only the BBC is hls.
When I tried itv, no playlist was generated.
Might be on my end since this is all experimental.

1 Like

My ITV setup

Blaze:

Docker Desktop requires "double quotes" around the ITV credentials in order to work properly.

1 Like

Gotcha. I wouldn't know as I use Linux and portainer for docker.

2 Likes

HI, I'm running the BBC Vlc bridge but also want to run the ITV one at same time in docker, but I get an error message that says...

"/vlc-bridge-uk" is already in use by container "xxxxxxxxxx". You have to remove (or rename) that container to be able to reuse that name."

It's probably an easy solution in docker (OSX) but I'm a docker novice and really struggle with it. Any help would be appreciated.

2 Likes

Toy can use the same container for both itv and bbc. No need to duplicate.

Thanks for you responses but now I'm getting the error message....

"failed: port is already allocated'

How do I change port on itv bridge to something other than 7777

You probably already have vlc bridge running. Check to see if that is the case. It is unlikely that ylu have another container using that same port

Follow these directions for PBS, it is basically the same thing:

Just put the port you want before :7777.

I just noticed BBC has been removed from PlayOn Cloud. Did a search and found others discussing the same: Reddit - Dive into anything

One commenter wrote:

"Received a response to my support ticket about the loss of BBC Iplayer
They realize the channel has been lost with the updates to get Peacock to work
They are working to restore BBC Iplayer back into Playon Cloud."

Hi everyone I've got this working, I'm only after the HD versions of the channel 4 and UKTV channels and they are both okay apart from I can't load the guide data for W and E4. When I try and add them I just get a spinning wheel. I am searching all lineups.

Any ideas?

Thanks

1 Like

I've sorted the problem out. I had to add "channel" in front of W and E4.

Long shot. Any instructions or guidance for installing vlc-bridge-uk from @miibeez on Docker running on Synology NAS? I am sort technical, and can follow instructions, but haven't done Docker command line stuff. Can't seem to get the image loaded through the UI on Synology DSM.
This seems an awesome solution, would love to get it working.

Sure, I just set this up on Synology. This was using their new Container Manager (replacement for Docker)

Create a new Project, and use the following Docker-Compose file (I prefer docker-compose)

version: "3.8"
services:
  vlc-bridge-uk:
    image: registry.gitlab.com/miibeez/vlc-bridge-uk
    ports:
      - "7777:7777"
    environment:
      - "[email protected]"
      - "ITV_PASS=password"
    container_name: vlc-bridge-uk
    restart: unless-stopped

Add your ITVx username and password in. Save, build and run.

That should be it. You can use the docker compose file in the older Docker Synology app but, don't recall exact steps for doing that. It should be quite straightforward.

This container will start each time you reboot the NAS.