Can no longer tune ATSC3 when off LAN

I just updated my 2 HDHR's to the latest firmware dated 20230224beta1 yesterday and noticed that that when using the Channels DVR app it will no longer tune ATSC3 channels when not on the LAN. Watching the tuner status pages, it looks to attempt to tune from tuner 1 for about 10 sec then switches to the 2nd tuner for about 10 seconds then gives up and goes back to the 1st tuner and tunes the ATSC1 equivalent, which does work.

I know that a couple weeks ago there was an issue with Channels DVR and HEVC playback. There was an update that fixed that issue. Is this same problem back by chance?

When I view the same ATSC3 stations locally with Channels DVR everything seems to work just fine!

Let me know if you need help troubleshooting!

Channels DVR server version 2023.02.28.2353

Thanks

Which market?

1 Like

Omaha, NE

Update: Using the HDHR app on my Windows machine on the LAN I went through and tuned the ATSC3 stations several times. It seems that most times it tunes in about 4-7 seconds. There was 1 outlier where it took 16 seconds to tune (think it was Fox 142.1). Just an FYI.

Sounds similar to issue reported here Atsc3 long tuning time

@Rice did you also update to beta recently?

1 Like

No none of my hdhr tuners are on silicans beta firmware

1 Like

Yes that does sound very similar! What market is @Rice in?

Kansas City

1 Like

Also of note, I have all my devices set to force Original Quality so there is no Transcoding going on...

For me it doesn’t matter original,transcode, direct, stream, app beta, app stable.

1 Like

When you say app beta, app stable you are referring to Channels DVR, right? If you go to your tuner status page, what version of the HDHR firmware does it have?

Correct, Firmware: 20221205

The only way to get the problem channels remote is to watch on dvr web ui.

1 Like

That's what I was on before yesterday. Worked the majority of the time when on that firmware however did error out and revert to ATSC1 every so often even on it....

That is some old Firmware. If you want to use ATSC 3.0 you have to update to beta firmware as ATSC 3.0 is still in Beta,'

HDHomeRun Main Menu

Model: HDHR5-4K
Device ID: 1080ACCC
Firmware: 20230224beta1

It’s latest stable according to the hdhr app

But not the latest for ATSC 3.0.See above post,

I am able to Watch ATSC 3.0 on my Phone using Cellular WIFI off.

I noticed very little issues with 20221205 and I view ATSC3 almost exclusively. It's the latest stable release.

I can't say for certain my issues were a result of going to the latest Beta but the timing seems to line up when the problems started.

I am on the latest beta Channels DVR and Latest BETA HDHR firmware. If ATSC 3.0 is too slow to tune it will revert to ATSC 1.0

Disk
4.4% used
8.70 TB available
Activity
Watching ch108.1 from Edwin's S21 Ultra (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) (Transcoder Running at 4mbps: 18s @ 1.05x (60.34fps)): strength=100% quality=100% symbol=100% rate=0b/sec buf=0% drop=0%

Documentation?

Android phone? It’s not all of my atsc3 just 4 of 8.

@troyhough what kind of device remote are you using? Mine are iPhones. My shield tv tunes faster at home

Pixel 7 Pro and onn 4K Android TV Streaming box so far...