Can’t get NASCAR to record to save my life…

I’ve been trying to get NASCAR to record this year, and it has been infuriating. I had all three series recording last year just fine with series passes. I had it set to new episodes only. This year I missed the first few weeks with the same series passes. I searched to make sure they didn’t change the names. So I changed it to record both new and repeat episodes thinking that was an issue and I’m still not getting any Nationwide or Craftsman series recordings. Anyone else having the same issue?

I don't record it myself but maybe if you can show what your pass looks like, somebody will be able to figure out what you could be wrong with it (this year).

I would almost bet the series id is different. If you create a new pass, or start to, then click advanced, does the series id match what you already created? The name of the show wouldn’t matter if the series id is included, if that makes sense.

Try this derived from Ability to exlude keywords?

Name
NASCAR Live races ONLY

Conditions
Categories == Sports event
Tags == Live
Title CONTAINS NASCAR
EventTitle EXCLUDES ,

I’m unclear about the issue here. If I search NASCAR and pick “NASCAR Cup Series” all the races for that series are there. A Series Pass successfully schedules them.

When I go in, the Nationwide series shows 8 recording scheduled and the Craftsman series shows 10 recordings scheduled. But it hasn’t recorded one single thing all year. There have been at least 10 of each type to record (between qualifying, practice, the race, etc).

Where does one see this? I don’t see it on the Apple TV nor the iPhone. Is it a browser only thing?

Each racing series is considered a different league, like NFL and NBA, so you’d have to have a Series Pass for each.

Additionally, these “leagues” only have the actual events attached to them. Qualifying and things like that are actually different unique series according to the guide data.

So if you’re trying to just record everything, then you’ll need some kind of advance pass as described above.

You create these in your Channels DVR Server web admin.

1 Like

I'm aware they're separate series - I have three passes to cover the three series.

The portion about the events not being under the main pass doesn't seem accurate. I opened the Nationwide series, and it shows Qualifying and the actual races under the same pass. Please see screenshot.

It shows all of that under what's coming soon, and not one of them records nor has for weeks. Same for Craftsman series - you can see it says it has 10 events, but not one will record. The Cup sporadically does.

What does DVR > Schedule show

2 Likes

Figured it out. It’s a long one.

They’ve both been showing on FS1. The Cup is on Fox. Apparently there was a sequence of failure with FS1. It said tuner unreachable. So I went into Spectrum and rescanned the source, and it seemed fine. So I rescanned FS1 alone, and it was giving me a cookie issue. So found this:

So after figuring out which troubleshooting link it was referring to, Chrome was indeed out of date. Updated chrome, now can tune FS1. So hopefully, since the recordings show scheduled, it’ll start recording. If not, I’ll check back.

1 Like

Good troubleshooting! (and you learned more than you wanted to)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.