Cannot Access Server Away From Home

Can you resubmit diagnostics

Re-submitted:
4b1f8478-8ca7-4fc0-8e66-7684d8ddc98c

Thank you. I see the problem.

A new DVR build is uploading now with a fix. You will see an update here when its ready: DVR Pre-Release Notes

I updated to the latest release:
Version

I turned remote access off and on, but still no joy and still have this message:
RemoteAccess

I have double-checked that I have port-forwarding set up correctly (it has worked until yesterday):

Again, I appreciate your help on this.

I cannot even connect properly while on the same network, from my phone. Wifi on the phone works fine for other apps.
It takes quite a while for the app to stop 'preparing', then it just gives a blank guide and will not play anything...it also throws a java error if I try to install the beta, from the app.

New logs uploaded:
fe3d5cd2-b1e6-4fb3-9680-5fb4431bbf59

After a while, the guide data filled in, but when I clicked and chose 'watch', I only got initial chopping audio.
It did let me finally install the beta, but it is exhibiting the same behavior:
Very slow to 'prepare' and then only gives a blank guide.
That is on home network.
On external internet, it will not connect any better than the regular app.

This is so frustrating.

Does this link load for you on your DVR PC? https://acme-v02.api.letsencrypt.org/directory

I see another problem in your latest logs. I made another fix and am uploading now.

Please try server prerelease v2021.10.15.0042

I updated to the build, and turned off and on the remote access, but still get the remote error, under troubleshooting page.

When I try the link you asked me to try (on the DVR server computer (Windows 10)), this is what I get:

I have uploaded the latest logs:
01d1d00b-dbe2-4015-b552-6abc1dfc312e

Thanks

If that page isn't loading it suggests your Windows machine is not up to date with the latest certificates.

However with the last build it should work-around that issue. Now I'm seeing a different/confusing DNS message.

Are you running any VPN or smart DNS on your PC? What do you have your DNS server settings configured to?

Maybe try one more time, just toggle Remote Access and wait about five minutes then check troubleshooting

Okay...watching hockey game, so will try at next break.

Just toggled remote access, while I am waiting, I thought I would answer your questions:

No VPN running on that computer.

DNS is set as my router IP and my router is set with Google's DNS servers: 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

Looks like it worked that time

In general its better to use your ISP DNS so you get georouted correctly to CDNs near you and video content downloads fastest.

Okay, that looks like it worked for the phone.

I will have my son try his Firestick.

Yeah, I was thinking I had switched back to ISP DNS, but they were still on Google's. I will switch them back to ISP's.

Again, Thank you.

1 Like