Can't add Youtube TV as Source

I'm trying to add Youtube TV as a source and it fails. It can't authenticate NBC. I am aware people are having problems with NBC however shouldn't Channels skip NBC and complete the Add process so I can use Channels for the channels that do work?

With regard to NBC, I went to their website as suggested and signed in with my Youtube TV creditienals. I retried adding the Source and got the same error.

I also have 2FA turned off for the Google account being used by YouTube TV.

When on the NBC site did you try clicking on your local channel. I know for me Youtube TV and WREX which is our NBC station doesn't allow me to view it on NBCs website. I was able to click on all the other stations available just not the local one ;-( Which also means for me it doesn't work in Channels either.

And yes I went round and round with Youtube and NBC about authorizing the web login. They told me they didn't have a problem. Must be on your end. Even after I sent them the lat/long information they requested. So good luck on that, is all I can say.

Also yes it should. It did skip for me.

Local TV stations is not an option in the NBC website. Only TV providers. I uploaded the error

On nbc.com/live can you login with YTTV and watch your local station?

1 Like

I saw on the Troubleshooting Page it said I needed to update Chrome. So I did and I got by the error and the scan completed.

You do have also be signed into NBC and make sure its showing a live program.

Hi! I am able to sign into NBC using YTTV as my provider. My problem is, it wants a username and password, but I signed up using my Google account. What do I use for username and password??

Help!
Linda

I don't use it, but looks like your Google username/password, see link below

NOTE: that if you have 2FA enabled on your Google account, you will not be able to use it with Channels DVR. You can create a secondary family account login and use that instead: Create & manage a shared YouTube TV membership, or family group - YouTube TV Help

NOTE: If you have Channels DVR running on the NVidia SHIELD, then YouTube TV login is not supported.

TIP: For best results, before adding your YouTube TV account to Channels DVR, first visit https://nbc.com/live and login there to authorize TVE access.

Hi! Thanks for answering. I tried my google info, and I disabled 2FA. Nothing works. The image of the failure shows it wants me to type in the word it displays. Thats why it cant authenticate. I'm not sure how to fix that.

Linda

That's a CAPTCHA.
Here's what normally fixes it

• If you can't watch the network at their Live streaming website, nothing Channels can do. Like nbc.com/live or check availability buttons at Channels Support - TV Everywhere Availability for your Provider
  • Make sure your package or container (if running in one) is up to date.
  • Update to the latest DVR prerelease version see this article for how
  • Make sure the chrome or headless chrome on your DVR server is up to date.
  • Run troubleshooting from the DVR web UI Support>Troubleshooting and make sure you have all green checkmarks.
  • Reboot your server or restart your package or container if running in one.
  • If all the above fails, submit DVR diagnostics from the DVR web UI Support>Troubleshooting.

Here's the thread for YouTube TV Provider - YouTube TV - #706 by rccoleman a lot of posts, so you may want to read it from the bottom, up.

Thank You!! its working. I just moved and trying to set it all up again on the new modem. It was the port forwarding.

Not sure what that would have to do with it, but glad to hear you got it working.