CBS TV Everywhere

Paramount+ now
Good luck getting support $$$

Actually, since "All Access" became "Paramount", CBS now has free web access which they did not have before. I'm not sure about the state of their TVE at this point.

I'm having the same issue some people reported in this thread. I can watch my local DC-area CBS station online via TV Everywhere (meaning, without a CBS account), but it doesn't even show up on my list of Fios channels, unlike the other local networks (NBC, FOX). Am I supposed to be seeing CBS on channel 6003?

Using chrome incognito, login at https://www.cbs.com/live-tv/stream/tveverywhere/ with your Fios credentials and verify you can watch your local CBS station.

Make sure you're on the latest pre-release version of Channels DVR.
https://getchannels.com/docs/channels-dvr-server/how-to/pre-release/#how-do-i-update-to-the-pre-release-version

Make sure you have the option enabled.

Edit your Fios-TVE channels and see if CBS shows up at 6003. Post any error shown. Try to rescan it.
https://getchannels.com/docs/channels-dvr-server/tv-everywhere/troubleshooting/#troubleshooting-channels

1 Like

This worked for me. Thanks!

Thank you very much. It's working now. The piece I was missing is that I wasn't on the pre-release version.

Nada for me on Spectrum/Charter TVE. It's nuts because the login from CBS says my local CBS is supported. When I click Watch Now, I get a "not supported in my location yet". So I guess it's a CBS/WTVF glitch. I do have many ways to watch my CBS station. But this would be very nice to add to.

1 Like

Are you still good with NYC CBS?

I was also having an issue with my CBS channel not uploading but the pre-release update comment solved that. Thanks.

But the stream appears to be a little slow (don't have this with any other channel). Is because I just added this channel after all the others or is it that irrelevant? Any solution to speeding up the stream? Thanks.

When you say slow I assume you mean it takes a while to tune?

I think I misspoke. The audio and video isn't syncing and the video appears to be moving slowly when transitioning.

It looks like it's an issue with my Firestick 4K because it works perfectly with the older model.

Is it strange that it only negatively affects CBS though? Have any ideas on what to change that would make it work with the 4K stick? Thanks in advance.

Try changing Settings > Playback > Advanced > Video Decoder

Thank you very much that solved my issue.

It looks like Channels uploaded CBS-LD instead of CBS-HD or CBS-DT, that may be the reason for the issue.

Can watch CBS okay with my directv credentials on the CBS website, but do not see it on Channels. This is in the Phoenix market. I am on the latest pre-release. Any thoughts? Here is a diagnostic if that’s helpful

3a21a0e3-a19d-4b9e-8a7f-e8fb3954d2a4

I'm in the Phoenix market as well. I have CBS TVE access via YouTube TV. Also, if you use pi-hole or another alternative DNS service, that caused issues for me in the past.

Version: 2021.10.03.1816 via Docker on unRAID
TVE Provider: YouTubeTV
Relevant Settings: "Local Networks via TV Everywhere" turned on

I am able to watch CBS programming via YouTubeTV. The Channels guide is populated for Channel 6003 (CBS). And, I am technically able to tune into Channel 6003 (CBS).

But all I ever see is a screen saying "The current show isn't available for live streaming. We'll resume programming shortly." I set a recording for Colbert, and just got a hour's worth of that message.

Is there something I have misconfigured? Or am I just out of luck in terms of getting actual CBS programming?

What does it show on Live Stream TV Shows, Sports and News on CBS

When I log in with my YTTV account, I get a browser popup check for my location. Once I accept that, I get the same "The current show isn't available for live streaming. We'll resume programming shortly." message as with Channels.

If it helps diagnose the situation any further, I'm in the Philadelphia area.

That's what you're getting then, so that's all that Channels would be able to record.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Experimental: Local Networks (NBC, ABC, FOX) in some major metros via TVE