Channel Change on Fire TV?

I am trying out Channels DVR on a Fire TV 4K. I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to even change channels via an up/down method? Am I missing something, or is it simply not available? I can't seem to find any info on this topic.
Thanks!

If you use a remote/keyboard that has the buttons they work. However, the default Fire TV remote does not have the buttons for channel surfing.

Yea.. That's what I was thinking. However, I have a Samsung TV, and the remote also sort of works, but not for Channel Up/Down. This seems like more of a feature gap. When I press the circle button up top, I get the current channel. It seems like you should be able to scroll from there to other channels...

CEC support between different TV manufacturers varies wildly. On my Vizio TVs the only CEC support I get is for the D-pad/OK, Exit/Back, Info/Menu, and the media keys (play, pause, etc.). Direct entry of numbers, the color keys, and the channel +/- buttons don't get passed through.

The best option for a third-party BT remote is to pair it as a keyboard, and assign it to send the regular keyboard keys. There are several threads about different remotes and strategies; I recommend you do some digging and get a full picture.

Yep. I'm doing that. I'm sensing more that this is much like my old Windows Media Center server I did years ago. I'm going to have to break out the old Harmony Remote. I was using the Fire TV remote pretty exclusively, but I'm now realizing its limitations.

Get an Onn UHD box from walmart, $20.
It has dedicated Channel Up/Down rocker, and also a Change Input button, plus Volume, Mute, On/Off.
They all work properly.

Aha! I was thinking too hard on this. So an Up on the circle gives you the Quick Guide, which you can then use to scroll the things that are currently on. And since I have my favorites marked, it shows me what I needed.
Thanks!