Channel Loops

Just curious if everyone experiencing the issue sees this only during commercial breaks. Either going into, during or coming out of the breaks.

My experience is that the timing is completely random. The CNN Go stream displays a static screen during the breaks, so it's impossible to tell if the looping happens during that time anyway. The commercial detection logic fails to detect it as a commercial break about 95% of the time.

I was talking about the part that repeats.
Is it show material or commercial material that loops.

Reason I was asking is I'm seing timestamp issues during ads in my recordings.

The problem doesn't seem to be fixed. I have version 2020.05.28.0153 on the server. Is that the correct one?

Yes, that's the correct version. If that didn't fix it my previous guess of the issue being something in the stream itself seems like the most likely.

If that is the case, there isn't much we can do to fix it. As I said previously, it was a shot in the dark and as much as I tried, I couldn't reason out any way that our code could have been producing this behavior.

I have a short clip from the Cuomo Prime Time show last night that shows the looping action. There are some interesting event in the recording log that correspond to the issue. How can I get these to you?

Using Dropbox or the Apple Mail app should be able to send it. You can email them to [email protected]

We noticed many of the users here are running their DVR on windows, and have put in a possible fix in v2020.05.29.2057

Unfortunately, it's still not fixed. I'll send another clip and recording log, if that would be helpful.

I used the client and server diagnostic log submittal within 15 minutes of a looping event. Hopefully, it was already written to disk. I can also send the recording log

I've noticed that there is one of these lines in the recording log corresponding to each loop:

at=2020-05-30T17:12:59.0193765-07:00 tag="cnn" action="fetch" url="https://turnerlive.akamaized.net/hls/live/586495/cnngo/cnn_slate/VIDEO_0_3564000/1586934423_set_333/VIDEO_0_3564000_666705.ts?hdntl=exp=1590912450~acl=%2Fhls%2Flive%2F*~hmac=fa809e4324c1cb718156ba08495aaecc0ab6caf720c0c9e6baedc66def6f8b20" content_length=2860800 duration=6.006 encrypted=true failed="temporary" failed_while="reading" err="unexpected EOF" body_time="7.5923429s" time="7.6283504s" status="segmentTemporarilyFailed"

So, if a 3 second clip repeats once, then one entry. If it repeats three times, then three of these segmentTemporarilyFailed entries in a row.

1 Like

Everything seemed fixed to me, but last night I had a couple of instances of CNN looping again.

Please press-and-hold on the Check For Updates button in the Settings page of your DVR. I've added additional logging that may shed some light on what is going wrong.

2020.05.31.2323 installed.

Installed. If it occurs again, I'll send a log your way. Thanks for the effort!

I was watching Rick and Morty, looped about 5 times. Logs are below and submitted through the app on my Tivo 4K Stream. Logs were taken right after it occurred.

ca4cdb53-ae6a-4ae1-9828-e91befb31201

Thanks for the diagnostics. That does help to confirm what we were thinking. The way we are truncating the file on an error is not working properly on Windows.

I'll let you know when we have a fix.

Glad I could be of some help! As always, thanks for the quick response!

I’ve just released another build that should fix this issue. Differences between how Linux and Windows handle file access was causing the system to not clear out files that had failed to download and needed to be re-downloaded.

3 posts were split to a new topic: Storage of recording logs for TVE recordings