Channels deleted itself from my windows pc

for some strange reason, after I upgraded channels yesterday, when I went to watch tv, channels was not working. I checked my PC & I can not find the program, it deleted itself. I need the link to reinstall & setup.

I found the link to install & also didnt realize the program was installed in the programdata folder. Should I delete the folder? Not sure of best way to fix.

I found the exe file * when I went to setup to start when windows restarts & rebooted the pc, channels was still gone. Apparently channels is infected with a virus?
Screenshot 2022-04-07 084040

Windows will not let me save the recording folder on the original drive i used. Its denied write p we permission. Any suggestions
?

Im really curious as to why its taking so long for a developer to help me with this issue. This happened after I did updated the software?

Why dont you open a support case?

can you upload the binary to virus total and see what is says?

www.virustotal.com

I deleted everything so there was no way to generate a support ticket.

1 Like

Windows is not really the first tier platform given it is mostly used by low information users. Everybody else uses Linux.

Here is some possibly more relevant info on your problem:

https://community.getchannels.com/search?q=channels-dvr.exe%20%20order:latest

This low information user will pass but hey thanks.

2 Likes

Yeah i have to agree. The whole time i was reading your thread i was thinking that all of your issues would not have happened with linux.

If you want to give it a go, there are plenty of us that will help you. My server has been running on ubuntu server for a year and a half and it has not been rebooted at all. Literally the most stable platform ever.

1 Like

An excessive amount of hand holding by the OS

Also just recently:

It might be something ill do dpwn thw road wven though i dont know anything about Linux but i also run emby so i would want to.make sure i.dont miss out on any featires.

What disappoints me is the lack of communication from one of the channel developers. I pay monthly for the product, given them praise on the message boards & whatever else i can do but to not acknowledge my issue is pure wrong.

did you contact them via their preferred support method and send an email to their support email address?

I didnt because i wound up deleting cdvr from my pc but i dont see how they couldnt chime in.

maybe they are doing something else? I would be sipping pina colada and waiting for the phone to ring

I doubt that. These guys are similiar to emby then plex.... or maybe im wrong.

why not? maybe they are prioritizing support emails first.

i would agree with your point if they haven't answered your support email since you are down because their program is being interfered with an antivirus software that a lot of less tech savvy people rely on and because i'm sure part of their customer base is, lets say less tech savvy and channels is basically their cable company call center.

i get it, but you haven't sent an email to support, instead you've been grinding your teeth while refreshing their Community forum waiting for an answer.

So what do you expect them to do on this forum that they arent able to do with their normal support process that you didnt follow? You seem to have an expectation that they should provide developer support via this forum and give a response time worthy of your own perceived SLA. This forum provides community support. If you have an urgent issue then use their normal support channels. Dont complain that they arent acknowledging your issue on a community forum and then say you cant follow the normal process because you already uninstalled. If its important enough to you then follow the support channel. If it isnt, then maybe it's time to quit whining...

Not sure what else you expect the devs to say. Your Windows has viruses. You should delete it (Windows). If that not an option, you need to get your OS back to a better state, maybe reformat and reinstall.