Channels DVR authentication to Hulu Fails | Captcha grayed out also

Yes. it worked. I meant to follow up but I had forgotten. Ugh!

I had to clear out my Hulu account tv everywhere a few times. It did not work on the first time. Went round and round in circles but finally worked. I also removed many of the other browser logins as well. Unsure if that made a difference. If you clear out the one that you're using while logged into Hulu you will get an error. Have to log out and back into Hulu and start over.

2 Likes

Still having the same issue. I updated to the latest prerelease build and cleared out all of my tv everywhere clients... No luck. I even tried using Chrome, Firefox, and Safari while logged into Hulu and not logged in.

Same issues for me too. I've had to reset the Hulu password to a "new" password once a week for the last month or so as the account would lock after too many failed TVE logins for scheduled recordings. In the past just setting a new password and updating Channels was enough. I can tell when the account is getting ready to lock when I start getting multiple "login verification" emails in a row. At this point I mistakenly deleted the Hulu source in channels settings and can't even get past the initial "Verifiying Hulu Login" on channels even with 3 password resets which fully clears all "saved" devices this morning. Definitely have failed the wife acceptance factor after years of Channels working for us (even if it is Hulu's fault)

Eventually I was able to re-add the Hulu source, just had to wait several hours and try multiple times before the known good password finally worked. The forced changing passwords each weekend in Hulu, and the process to get all our ATVs logged back in for each app (Disney, ESPN, HULU) and the Channels DVR resynched is arduous and has become my Saturday morning ritual. Lot's of negative comments from my wife....

OP here. This happened again to us. About the 5th or 6th time. Every time it Hulu spams us with emails with login codes. This is an indication that it has failed.

BUT... this latest time it was different. It wasn't just Hulu that stopped working. We have both Hulu AND HDHomeRun with an antenna. We couldn't tune into our antenna channels OR Hulu.

The first thing I did was log into Hulu to clear out the TV Everywhere session. Well, there wasn't one this time.

Even our Antenna TV (5-1, 5-2 and so on) had this message:

"Connection Lost Cable provider authentication failed"

So, all I did was reboot the computer running Channels and everything started working again.

I'm thinking this IS NOT Hulu this time. Or maybe any time??? IDK.

Developers?

Ed

I had that same problem again today. Going to see if I can find the Hulu TVE thread and report it there with logs. Please report Hulu problems there:

1 Like

Still having the same issues. I tried rebooting the server and using the same machine as my server to login with Hulu and TVE... Still a No-Go

I had success in the past going through the steps to reset my Hulu password but when asked to enter my new password entering my current password instead. It resets whatever is stuck with Hulu and I don’t have to go through any steps to change my password elsewhere.

You can also go through the steps to uptake password on channels for Hulu but do the same by reentering the current password.

Like I said, it worked for me in the past but may not work for you now.

3 Likes

Thanks for the advice @kthomas1059. I tried it out... Didn't work for me but, hopefully, it'll help someone else.

This is still a huge problem. My hulu in channels quits working almost every other day. Seems the fix isn't working any longer

Hulu has been very reliable for me as a TVE source in Channels DVR for several years. I've never had the sort of issues detailed in this thread. Then today I noticed that none of my Hulu channels were working, so I logged into my server and tried rescanning, but kept seeing a "login form not found" error for all Hulu channels. So I removed the Hulu source and tried to re-add it, but now I always get "login form not found" when trying to add the source. It doesn't even seem to matter whether I enter the correct pwd or not. I don't get a captcha or any emails or anything. So now I'm stuck and can't add Hulu TVE to Channels DVR. I'm able to use my Hulu credentials just fine in TVE apps such as ESPN, Discovery, etc. I hope this is just a hiccup and not something permanent. Channels DVR becomes far less useful to me if I can't include my streaming service.

1 Like

I still have this issue. I think what happened is there was an app upgrade today if I read the app file correctly in the server. Regardless, I upgraded to prerelease and removed devices in hulu but it still fails the same way... I keep being shown the view where I need to put a verification code and I get the verification code in my email... But you cant put the verification code in the 6 boxes... Ill give a go for a week and cancel if this doesnt get resolved.

2 Likes

It happened to me about 12 hours ago. I tried all of the things described here and in the normal Hulu TVE thread and nothing worked. The last thing I tried (because it seemed the most destructive) was to change my Hulu password and log all the devices out. Had to use a new password. Now Im able to add the TVE back to channels and I guess I will have to set everything else back up as well.

I am glad that Channels kept all of my settings for Hulu TVE.

I still have not figured it out. I don't want my wife to have to change her password every time which causes us to re-setup hulu and Disney+ and other apps across abut 5 devices that don't have keyboards. UGH! So is Channels causing Hulu this problem?

1 Like

So here is where we are now.... you can fix the issue by deleting all devices in hulu and change the password... that worked... the only problem is that in troubleshooting and going to the PRERELEASE version now I no longer have the experimental option to add local channels so now I have no local channels and there appears to be noway back to where I was... what is the cure for this?

Yah, I did the same:

• delete the devices in hulu
  • changed password in hulu
  • upgraded to pre-release

I have not removied my Hulu from my Channels DVR and re-set that back up but I hear that causes problems. I THINK but not sure you may lose your recording schedules for them so I'm not sure I want to do that.

My channels has been down for days now...

In my case I did not lose any my recording schedule when I removed hulu and readded it as a source. There was a lag of over 12 hours between removing and adding back in because I removed it late at night and didnt get it added back until the afternoon of the next day.

In my particular case it was: remove hulu as a source, update to beta build, delete the devices in hulu, change the password on hulu, log into hulu in the web browser I run channels from (chrome on Fedora linux), add hulu as a channels source. After each one of the steps I was trying to add hulu back in as a source and I kept getting the "please enter the code we emailed to you" screen.

After I changed my hulu password I believe I logged in with the browser to hulu.com in order to answer the challenge page before I added Hulu as a channels source because I was pretty frustrated. So perhaps it was not a required step.

Ugh. yah, I've done all that. Pretty much in the same order. My wife and I are sick of changing our hulu password and entering it in all our devices or using the web to redo it. Once I do get it to work (haven't for a few weeks), it stops working after a day or so.

This is a deal killer for me and channels DVR :frowning:

I like the software so much but I can't get it to work

1 Like

Agreed. And I just renewed for another year about two weeks ago. I surely hope they are working on a way for us to enter the code :cry:

I am starting to feel the pain as well. I am now stuck like others where I have removed Hulu as a source because it was failing authentication and now I cant add it back as a source (unlike my post from a week ago).

I have updated to the latest beta build and I do not see a way of entering the code that got emailed to me.

2 Likes