Channels DVR Beta crashing on ATV

What kind of speakers? On both live and recordings?

Haven't tested live but it happed on a recording. Atv plugged direct into my TV, eArc to my marantz nr1710 5.1 surround system.

Yep, still bad audio on the very latest beta from this morning.

How about new beta from this morning?

.1527. Still bad. Logs submitted

I'll try it. Last night I watched an atsc 1 recording and it was perfect. Then I watched an h265 hevc mkv show I downloaded and that's where I noticed the problem.

Hi. The latest beta release seems to have resolved the crashes I haven’t experiencing across both IOS and TVOS platforms.

Great, many thanks. I’ll revert to using the beta as the main app version.

@Mutts1974 Could you please submit diagnostics one more time from your AppleTV? The fix was to prevent the app from crashing, but there's still a situation we aren't properly handling that I would like to improve. I hope your logs will have the answer.

Hi. Just submitted diagnostics from ATV.

I sent the diagnostic twice. The second time immediately followed various live channel changes.

Perfect! I got what I needed. Thank you!

1 Like

Okay finally resolved in this build:

1 Like

Careful using finally, Aman. It might creep up later, and then we'll have to serve you up a plate of crow, and maybe followed by a slice of humble pie.

/s

(On a happier note, you guys have been incredible the past month tackling crashes and issues in such a quick and iterative manner, that all of you deserve much praise. All of your hard work is appreciated!)

3 Likes

I agree. I do not get this level of support for software I pay hundreds for. The team at Channels are amazing.

2 Likes

Not only are they always improving their own software, they also contribute their improvements back to the open-source software they use, too! Thousands of users of myriad software programs are reaping the benefits of all of the intense work they do making sure their video playback and transcoding is first rate.

3 Likes

Can confirm the audio issue is gone. Now how do we get Apple to properly decode AC4 so surround on ATSC3.0 works?

Ha, I've been eating crow all week. Believe me this one is finally actually fixed, and my sanity is very grateful for that fact.

5 Likes

@tmm Probably not what you want to hear but experimental audio causes frame drops for me. I started a new thread thinking it was a different issue

@tmm1 just got a crash out of nowhere on the newest beta. Diagnostics submitted. Thanks.

Crash issue is fixed in 11.19.2046

2 Likes