Channels DVR not available on Amazon App store via Windows subsystem for Android

I tried to use this article: Channels Support - Channels on Windows (getchannels.com)

to download the Channels DVR app on a Windows 11 PC. I was able to get the Amazon app store (in north America), but when I search for channels, I only see the Channels app that costs $25, not the Channels DVR app.

Will appreciate any help/pointers...

See:

I'm thinking about replacing my AppleTV with a NUC, so I'm trying to set this up on my desktop, and it still isn't available, only the Channels for HDHomeRun version. Any idea if/when the regular channels is going to be available? I'm not going to bother with the change to a NUC if it isn't going to be available.

You can sideload the apk

Why in the world would you want to do that? Yeah you can side load apks but they dont work natively. Its all through virtualization. Stick with appletv, best media player out there

Thinking about it because the AppleTV won't play my Dolby Vision MKVs since it doesn't support the disk DV profile, only the streaming profile. Otherwise, I agree, I like how the AppleTV works.

Will this fix the Dolby Vision issue on the Apple TV?

https://firecore.com/infuse

I'm not sure. If it is using the AppleTV player then it wouldn't work since the player only supports the streaming DolbyVision profile. Also not really interested in yet another app and subscription to watch video. I already use Plex with a lifetime Plex Pass in addition to ChannelsDVR and all the various other apps for Prime, Netflix, etc.

I'm having the same problem as OP. I have a Windows 11 PC, successfully installed the Amazon App Store on it, and the only option appearing on the Amazon App Store involves paying $25 for the Channels app (and I already have the app installed on a Fire TV device). Where is the APK for Channels, on how do I sideload it? The directions at Channels Support - Channels on Windows don't mention anything about the APK and how to sideload it. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks.

Many different options are listed in this thread from the linked post to the latest post