Channels DVR with Sling TV

Hello. I have been using channels DVR with my HDHomeRun for about two months now. I was using it with TVEverywhere for Philo. I just switched to Sling TV Orange and none of the channels I want (like Freeform and Disney) are popping up. Any troubleshooting ideas?

SlingTV TVE support is very poor. I believe there is a specific thread on the forums that goes into more details.

You should get Disney and Freform, try rescanning individually. The only issue is you only get one stream.

I have rescanned three or 4 times, each time, I don't even get any "cable" channels, I get channels like ABC News and NBC news. I tried reaching out to sling, they said they do not recommend using another DVR service besides their own, so they did not know what to tell me even though it is listed that they support it. Channels DVR says they do not know how to help me either. Each Channel next to it says not authorized or unavailable, even though it is listed as being available on the TVE List. At this point, I think I should just cancel and stick with Philo even though it does not have all the channels I wanted

Yes, I have found them but they have not been able to figure out why I am having this issue.

have rescanned three or 4 times, each time, I don't even get any "cable" channels, I get channels like ABC News and NBC news. I tried reaching out to sling, they said they do not recommend using another DVR service besides their own, so they did not know what to tell me even though it is listed that they support it. Channels DVR says they do not know how to help me either. Each Channel next to it says not authorized or unavailable, even though it is listed as being available on the TVE List. At this point, I think I should just cancel and stick with Philo even though it does not have all the channels I wanted

Depending on how long you have had Sling, maybe things haven't synced yet? Can you log in at http://www.nbc.com/live with your Sling account?

Sling TVE support is nearly non existent. But this is what you should get:

i really wish streaming services - especially the more costly ones or ones that required external hardware were a little more upfront with what they CANT do. the entire reason we got an HD homerun and channels dvr subscription was to have our sling and antenna content in one guide. imagine my disappointment to find out the only sling content you can integrate is whats part of the "tv everywhere" package which includes nearly NONE of what i subscribe to sling for.

so far, while a little cheaper than cable, the amount of feature compromise and massively convoluted UI of streaming is really just not worth it.

That's on Sling and their crap deals. You can try suppose.com to see if you can't find a better service.

we actually used the "suppose" site to discover that sling had the most of the channels we watch at the best price of all the providers. its a shame they partner with garbage hardware like "air tv"

There is also vidgo.com, not sure if you know about them. When I had Sling, I used my parents cable login for channels, if you know someone. I have the original Air tv, you are right it's a piece of shit.

Go here and choose a Provider to see what you could get through Channels TVE

vidgo is limited by the same "tv everywhere" thing sling is.

it's not an "issue" that you're having individually. it's just how it works. i assume it's a rights management thing related to the "tv everywhere" feature.

What are they missing?

it appears that both sling and vidgo are limited (at least as far as a discussion of integration with channels dvr) by the networks included in "tv anywhere"

I see most of the channels Vidgo carries available. Not many with Sling.

here are the two "tv everywhere" offerings from sling and vidgo. for our uses, vidgo has the more attractive solution. but they are both really too limited to even bother with.

Still don't know why you are discounting Vidgo, they have almost everything they carry.