Channels DVR + Xteve / Telly

I'm having a similar problem in selecting an EPG lineup for the Telly tuner. I'm on the 2020.01.01.0239 build.

When I add the tuner and click the pencil to map the channels, it's already matched to a load of American channels for some reason. I click the plus icon, select the correct lineup, and then I have to manually re-map almost all the channels away from the American ones to the correct UK ones, even though the channel numbers from Telly all match the chosen lineup. (There are a handful that don't have an initial match with the American channels and automatically pick up the correct mapping to the UK channel.)

If I then close the mapping screen and then go back into it, the lineup I chose has disappeared and I'm just left with 'DVR: X-TELLY' and the + sign. My manual re-mappings remain, but they have lost the channel number. Any channel that wasn't manually re-mapped is now missing its mapping altogether. If I add my UK lineup again, those re-appear, but the same problem happens again as soon as you close the mapping screen.

It looks like Telly doesn't work well with xmltv or non-US lineups at the moment. There are several ways we can go about fixing this so it will take some research first to decide what direction we want to go with.

2 Likes

Whilst all my channel numbers are custom, mine save - try refreshing the main page, before going back into the mapping screen. Am also on stable, not beta.

Agreed, this seems to be the weird flaw with a lot of the streaming services, that free channels that people enjoy watching that have Livestreams on websites are tough to add to an existing channel lineup for anyone seeking to cut the cord. I have a few in mind for my own market, but I know there are a lot out there that could be useful to people that are more than just shady IPTV providers, which I agree Channels should not go anywhere near if they wish to stick around. EWTN is one that I can think of that I like to watch sometimes and has national appeal, it has an app but as far as I can tell does not have any kind of implementation with Android Live Channels or other similar services.

Still having issues with telly can someone help me?

I run telly.exe & it runs for a few seconds then window goes away.

I've sort of worked around the channel lineup issue by changing the channel numbers in tvh/telly so they don't match the Freeview channel numbers; 001 becomes 1001 and so on. It's still buggy with the American channels loading and lineups disappearing, but the manually mapped channels remain after closing the mapping screen.

Was there anyone the ever got it working smooth with Xteve. I was able to add Xteve as a source, and also use the pencil button to manually setup the guide/epg. Everything looks beautiful except the streams will not load. I get the same error in my log the others have mentioned "pipe:: could not find codec parameters"

I have gotten Telly to work with plex in the past but I am having no luck configuring it with Channels DVR today, the telly window will open for a split second and close out, which i know usually happens when it can't find the config file, but I swear i have done everything right. So i got fed up with telly and and now trying to go back to xteve. Any advice would be great.

Disregard my issue for the moment. I think I was using the wrong version of telly. I didn't notice it was mentioned to use v1.1

I was able to get everything setup with telly and the web browser version works, but when i try to streaming something from my apple TV i get the "Tuner Not Available" message. Would this have anything to do with the config.toml file settings, or is this just an Apple TV issue?

Make sure when you add the tuner in channels you use the ip address and not localhost or 127.0.0.1. Otherwise the client will not be able to find it.

xteve... how did you set it up? Is it working on Channels? I am able to add the home run but it will not pull streams. I do see them in channels but get playback failed.

I am still looking for help...

1 Like

Post the command line arguments you are using.

The config file?

nevermind, I have not used Telly.

Thanks for trying!

what OS? if you have access to a linux box, try running it in docker. i was literally up and running in a docker container in less than 10 minutes...all the docs are there:

https://hub.docker.com/r/tellytv/telly

just use those instructions combined with the telly config file you can find earlier in this thread. should have no issues...at least on linux (and likely mac as well). i can't speak for whether the process is as easy as this on windows, because nothing ever is easy on windows.

also, you will need to add a section to your config file (again, you can find it earlier in this thread) that tells telly where your streams are. in my case, i'm using it for my own 247 channels, so i added this section at the end of the config file...

[[Source]]
  Name = ""                 # Name is optional and is used mostly for logging purposes
  Provider = "Custom"       # DO NOT CHANGE THIS IF YOU ARE ENTERING URLS OR FILE PATHS
                            # "Custom" is telly's internal identifier for this 'Provider'
                            # If you change it to "NAMEOFPROVIDER" telly's reaction will be
                            # "I don't recognize a provider called 'NAMEOFPROVIDER'."
  M3U = "http://192.168.88.232/master.m3u"  # These can be either URLs or fully-qualified paths.

Yes WIndows 10...

you can try the docker for windows instructions, but like i said i have no idea how easy it is on windows (i'm guessing it's not, because windows). worth a shot, though...if you can get docker running getting the telly container running is cake.

You are guessing right...

1 Like