Channels DVR + Xteve / Telly

Good to know I am not the only one. Which source do you use?

@nww
So that defies my theory about only uncivilised countries has problems with EPG on Channels. I am starting to realise it is not about Belgium or Poland. There has to be something broken in code how CHannels loads and read custom xmltv data.

One additional technical question to all of Telly/xteve users and perhaps @maddox and @tmm1.

Because some free and paid (usually illegal) IPTV providers limit the number of users can watch to 1 (not sure if this is limit of users or streams at once). I found the source when user downloads m3u playlists and links to the stream all have same beginning - I assume there is their way to identify account that's watching.

They warned my friend they can block his account if they find more users use his link. But putting legal/not-legal stuff aside question is:

• if the xTeve/Telly is launched and seen as tuner and I use Channels/Plex to watch some channel, from where that stream is initiated? Is it launched from the server and then redirect to the client?

• if many users watch something at home (or even when away) on few different devices like iPads, appletv does it count as one stream or many?

Disregard this, not working...

I have tried several but none of them are working. @maddox or @tmm1 any thoughts on how to troubleshoot this?

I am also unable to remove the choice without deleting the entire tuner

I am during testing both xteve and telly now. I cannot manage it to work yet, because first I need to filter IPTV that really works. Maybe we should both try to test it this way:

• creating M3U playlist with m3uplus format .e.g

#EXTINF:-1 tvg-name="US: XFL 11 |" tvg-id="" group-title="XFL Football",US: XFL 11 |
(some link to the stream)
#EXTINF:-1 tvg-name="US: MLB NETWORK ALT | HD" tvg-id="SP: MLB NETWORK" group-title="USA SPORTS",US: MLB NETWORK ALT | HD
(link to the stream)
the last field after | is for SD/HD/4K designation I assume.

not sure if tvg-name tvg-id are standarised fields, group-title is useful for filtering and for organizing streams. playlist MUST BE IN M3UPLUS FORMAT otherwise Telly is getting crazy, and Plex won't recognize it.

• Another problem is EPG data. From my struggling and from what @tmm1is saying ChannelsDVR only recognise EPG with LCN tag - putting magic that happened on my client aside, this is odd because I don't know anyone who provides LCN numbers.

I can try to parse XML data to database, add LCN tags and share with community.(too much free time on quarantine I know) But first I need to have good epg source ( maybe community could purchase together data packs and I can organize them).

For working with Channels we should also agree with @maddox on some convention to numbering system, 6000+ is reserved for TV Everwyhere.

Good that I find this statement after 2 days struggling with xteve :smiley:

Nobody writes in this thread anymore, so either people solved problem or gave up.

I am on 1.1 branch of Telly, changing template for configuration helped a lot. I am trying very small setup with stream of History only.

Problem is when I click + icon near X-Telly I can search for the guide to find history but when I close window and reopen every guide option I set is missing again. Also I don't see any channels from 9000 in my guide :frowning:

That is normal.

Did you reload the guide after setting the mappings?

you mean by this round arrows icon? yes, same story:

020/04/19 18:16:02.070147 [DVR] Indexed 0 airings (0 channels) [1s index]
2020/04/19 18:16:02.365363 [IDX] Pruned 0 expired groups from XMLTV-CUSTOM in 67.82µs.
2020/04/19 18:16:02.365517 [IDX] Pruned 0 expired groups from X-TVE in 113.327µs.
2020/04/19 18:16:02.368750 [IDX] Pruned 0 expired airings from XMLTV-CUSTOM in 64.801µs.
2020/04/19 18:16:02.386305 [IDX] Pruned 5 expired airings from X-TVE in 17.504511ms.

my last channel is 6979 CBS News Philly

EDIT:
On Channels app beta on iPad they appear, although witout any epg

Use Guide Database > Maintenance > Redownload Entire Guide

Same story
Log: https://pastebin.com/27vp31V7

2020/04/19 18:28:46.362213 [DVR] Fetched guide data for XMLTV-CUSTOM in 1s
2020/04/19 18:28:46.925111 [DVR] Indexed 271 airings (1 channels) [0s index]

Looks like it added one channel this time..

Maybe in the logs, but on the guide still 0 :frowning:

I am hoping a fix can be found for the guide not working on telly 1.5

@mavsfan815 on Telly 1.1 too, this is really frustrating because it looks like some caching issues inside server.
My today testing:
2020/04/20 13:50:43.565404 [ERR] No stations available in lineup X-Telly during guide data download
server version: 2020.04.20.0048

I loaded into telly some australian streams I am using http://xmltv.net/xml_files/Sydney.xml
this is proper xml file, lcn numbers are there.

But I cannot do the mapping because it looks like some crippled xmltv file from nowhere is loaded

@mavsfan815 are you using the same Telly template config like me?

I adjusted priority and move Telly to first place on the list, clicked "refresh" and same shit happens.
Looks there is no way to force refresh of the EPG on Telly from Channels admin panel :frowning:
At least one task for today marked as unsuccesfull

We do so many testing I really wish developers could give us access to developer logs inside the server. It is kinda hit or miss without knowing what is going on under the hood.

UPDATE: At least this time channels appear in the guide.

How do you get a different guide for telly? mine is stuck try to use TVE?

EDIT: Got it figure out.

Does telly allow for mapping with XMLTv now?

Ho did you figure it out? Mine is apparently stuck too, I provide configuration for XMLTV guide in telly config file during the launch. I am afraid telly is not allow mapping but there is no mention for that in any documentation

UPDATE: This is really...now the guide appear, after I forced reindexing and download all the guide.However

As you can see guide was downloaded but it appear in wrong place as these are my numbers for OTA channels. So apparently we have to modify external xmltv and put it on our servers if we have customised to our needs, because mapping for Telly is broken and Telly only match channels with proper lcn numbers.

Because there is no easy way for modifying existing xml except parsing to database and recreate, maybe i should create a webpage that generate xml guide for you @justinglock40 and @mavsfan815?

What do you mean? I’m not able to get an XML at all