Channels DVR + Xteve / Telly

Damn, that sucks...
It means that each tune takes around 10 seconds.
Is that also the case with Xteve?

That’s pretty excessive. For just a remux it should be pretty fast. While we don’t support this, I’ve played around with this setup in the past and it was mostly instant.

You might check to see if Telly is actually transcoding and not remixing. Check into it’s documentation to investigate.

As you can see in my previous post, FFMpeg is in fact remuxing the stream.
Again, I don't see why it has to remux the stream as it is a .mpg stream. As you can see, the input is Mpegts, and so is this output. FFmpeg is used for nothing in this case.

Others, as IMX higher up has mentioned being able to use telly without FFMpeg activated.

I can confirm that, in my setup at least, ffmpeg isn't needed. My setup is:

SAT>IP server/HDHomeRun --> tvheadend --> telly --> Channels DVR

1 Like

Thanks for your input.

I'm wondering why there is a difference between our two setups.

Have there been any changes in the server pre-releases that would affect the ability to map channels from Telly? I haven't had any luck today setting up a new Telly source.

I think all guides are down. I can't map hdhr or locast. Also it is down on plex.

A post was split to a new topic: Help new user

1.5 of Telly actually works great with channels and is what i have used for a few months. From my understanding though it can be a pain to “modify” things in it - so if you set it up and add a channel and assign it just make sure you don’t have a typo or select the wrong thing otherwise you have to manually edit the database (from my understanding)...but if you take your time and set it up accurately the first time you shouldn’t have to touch it after that.

With regards to your post about the different html body and links - would that be an xteve developer issue or channels? Seems like xteve?
I know of the xteve developer and if we could tell them very very specifically what to change maybe they would do it?

Again, you forgetting not everyone lives in USA. IF channel developers provide someday TVE for Canal+, Sky, BBC etc we will use them.

Please try, I really wish to try to simulate HDHomeRun on Mac :slight_smile: from what I see Telly has one huge limitation or bug. it can only refresh EPG data on launch.

Telly 1.5 will auto refresh mu3 and epg every 24hrs at 04:00 4am. I did not see this in the setup but it has done this every day at 4am sense it has been running about 2 weeks.

Regarding stoli412's setup, do you see anything that could explain the need for FFMpeg?

I don't know how to get 1.5 , Today I was testing on 1.1 but maybe I had playlist in ordinary M3U instead of M3Uplus format and no stream and channel loaded. Do you have any valid link for testing purpose?

I got it from github same page as 1.1

It creates a telly.db file in the telly directory. If you mess up the setup just delete that file and start over.

I had no luck finding any documentation. such a shame because it has worked better for me than telly 1.1 or xteve

It took me about 10 try's to get it setup. When setup correct it works great with channels DVR.

I am trying to use 1.5. Anyone have any suggestions?

I am having issues getting the guide to work on channels

Having issues getting any xmltv guide to work. Can anyone help me? @air360 having guide issues. Any thoughts?

1 Like

I figured out why telly was remuxing:

The input was a .mpegts with an address of X.X.X.X/bysid/1
If FFmpeg was off, no tuner was available.
If Ffmpeg was on, the stream took 10 seconds to load, with a remuxing from mpegts to mpegts, which made no sense.

I edited my .m3u file to add X.X.X.X/bysid/1.ts (ie: I added .ts to the end of each line), and now it works without remuxing, and channel switching is instant!

Now I only need to enable XMLTV in Belgium somehow!

EDIT: This is using DVB-T and DVB-S2 passed through MuMuDVB in unicast.

1 Like