Channels DVR + Xteve / Telly

Map a random channels guide and see if it then appears? Then you'd have your answer.

fair point. that did not resolve it.

so, is there no way to bring in the xml guide form the ip service? is that only available to Australian users? mapping channels manually is a pain.

i'm having the same issue lately...have we found a solution for this?

Did you try the below?

EDIT: Oh, you run the docker version? Re-reading above. Presumably just rebuild the docker container, to make sure it is using the latest commits from about a week ago (assuming it checks out the branch from github?)

i did do the rebuild (docker hub says it was updated 6 days ago)...still having buffering issues.

also, i should mention the buffering issues i'm having are similar to the ones i've posted about here:

if i just skip back a few times to get a little bit behind live, the stream will usually play uninterrupted for the rest of the time i have that channel tuned. if it tries to stay live, eventually it runs out of buffer and has to stop for a few seconds...

I recently have streamed 6 hrs of one channel live, OTA CBS with no pauses or seeking, no issues.
Try disabling Tuner sharing.
If you are running out of buffer space, you may need a bigger usb stick or sd card formatted as internal shared storage, on the client device, and the Channels app installed and set to use the usb/sd card.

Tuner sharing is always enabled for TVE streams, and this is on a dedicated server with a 1TB drive. There should be no shortage of buffer space, the drive has more than 90% free at the moment.

I have also seen occasional issues with TVE streams when watching live that after watching for maybe 10-15 seconds, it pauses for a few seconds before resuming.

TV buffer resides on the client device, not server.

i thought that was not the case with TVE streams, since tuner sharing is always enabled?

either way, there's no shortage of buffer space...the backward looking buffer isn't an issue, the issue seems to be that it can't keep up with the stream. hence why if i skip back a few seconds, it plays fine.

Please help me! I have xteve setup with my m3u_plus url & have every channel mapped & everything. I can take the new m3u url generated by xteve & watch all my channels in VLC with no issue. I can also get channels to recognize my emulated HDhomerun. When I add it as a source I remap all of the channels & then it pulls up all my guide data & my xteve channels live in the guide with all my existing channels, but when I try to watch one of them I get a tuner not available screen. On top of not being able to use it in Channels DVR(which is preferred) I cant even get it working in Plex. It doesnt even find my xteve Hdhomerun. If I reboot the server it finds it, but as soon as I select it as a tuner to begin the setup process it loses it & no longer sees it. It only sees my real hdhomerun.

Working TVE channel

I've tried to use Telly & can't figure it out at all

1 Like

Non working Xteve channel

We don't support Xteve, sorry. You can try asking the xteve developer for help.

1 Like

is there not a way to get the guide from telly into channels? previous comments seem to indicate it's possible but i haven't been able to find a way...

How do I delete this. I configured Telly on my Plex server and tested it to see if Channels DVR see it and I was successful. But since I didn't add any sources in the config I can't delete the Virtual Tuner from Channels. Its crashing my Fire TV when I select the tuner Tab in the app. I believe its this virtual tuner causing it since there are no channels to scan. Image show there is no button to delete the turner.

Try this:
Kill Telly (verify it's not running in process / task manager).
Stop Channels DVR and restart.
Do a tuner scan.
It should be gone (at least that's been my experience).

Thank You, Now I have to figure out to add channels and get this virtual tuner working.